Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF2 Terms and Conditions
(07-03-2014, 01:00 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  But wasn't LF2 sold to U1 technology? It isn't Marti's and Starsky's property anymore, or is it?

LF copyrights were sold to U1 technology, but Marti and Starsky still keep the LF2 rights.
Complicated stuff. =d
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
I'm just going to state that I very seriously doubt that ANYONE here is EVER going to get in trouble for modifying LF2, whether or not it is adding sprites, modifying data or reverse engineering the executable, simply due to a few reasons:
Marti and U1 have been in contact with MH (creator of this site) (here, and here), heck Marti even made this the official fansite for LF2, and therefore must be clearly aware of what is going on here, but still choose not to do anything. The official forum even has tutorials on HEX, one of which is posted by a moderator on the forum (this one).

If U1 wanted, they could definitely shut down the site with a cease and desist order (or at least the modification aspect of the site), but there is no way, they are going to get any of the members in any serious trouble.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
I think they just want to make sure the game stays non profit 100% free. Have nothing else to say.
[Image: random-34749.png]
Thanks given by:
"Terms & Conditions - Please read the following End User License Agreement."

"..."

"I have read the End User License Agreement and wish to install Little Fighter 2."

*hmm I've read*

*yeah I wish to install*

*click "Install"*

Something like "I agree" not really guaranteed.

I've read doesn't mean I agree.

lol
Thanks given by: