Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding defense multiplier to ID.
Aaah! I see now! Just checked the spread sheet, and the armor multiplier is stored at the offset "+344", not "340" as you've mentioned in your first post :P. What you're going to do now is get 4064BE back to what it was and jump from 4064C4 instead. Change all the "esi+340h" into "esi+344h" and let the very last jump get you to 4064CA. And HOPEFULLY, this will work.

You might find it more convenient to use CALL instead of JMP, and then instead of Jumping back to 4064CA, use "RET".

Err, not really. Gimme a second.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
So errrr, there might be a chance that the armour multiplier gets reset somewhere after object creation. So you may need to put the code in another place :P. If anyone has time, get Cheat Engine, put a a breakpoint on when something writes to that address, to get a list of all the things that modify it.

If no one does this by Monday, I'll take another look.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
I don't think that's the case. Tested the stuff and directly changing the value changes it for all the characters. There must be something wrong with my JMPing or something like that.

EDIT: AH! Facepalm The offset address I've been comparing too is wrong. +368 still had something to do with setting up the objects pointer. +6f4 was the right thing.

EDIT 2: So, I had some trouble with BAADF00D being the value of ESI when I add the 368.. With some google searching, turned out that BADFOOD was actually intended for when I try to access a data segment that wasn't initialized (there are some even weirder addresses here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexspeak lol). Since I had no idea how to initialize a variable on Olly (and if someone knows how to, I would really appreciate it if he would tell me about it), I had to look for another place where all the objects are looped on, and I could initialize for the ID value. That was collision detection; retarded yes, but it works :P. It does the check and assigns the new multiplier value again every time the IDS (70, 71, 72) are hit.
Here is how to set this up:
1-Ctrl G: 0042E67F:
[Image: SSRYjI1.png]
2-And at 0044632A:
[Image: Y0WPPLw.png]
[Image: HTgUwL3.png]

Just copy the lines marked with red. Ignore all the NOPs and DBs.

Here is an already edited 2.0a exe LF2 Fanpai's exe (it already has got some edits with armor stuff) 2.0a:
https://www.mediafire.com/?pv30fd491c9apwj

@BatTamer: Sorry, my bad >.<

Thanks given by: bashscrazy
My exe has only buffed Louis's Armor slightly. That's all. I'm trying to work on making new armor right now. The addresses are also pushed forward slightly, so it's a little tougher to navigate.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
Oh! Shouldn't be much of trouble for Bashscrazy I hope. Also, if you're still facing problems with armor stuff, PM me or something, and I will be glad to help.

Thanks given by: bashscrazy