Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable Attack for Computer Enemies
The basic idea is this:
  • [Image: gifck8.gif]
    • The problem is, that it seems that it only works in the original firen_flame frames.
      So you only need to delete the dvx movement of those frames, give the burning-smoke frames state: 3005 and (to keep the gameplay up) give the opoint in Firen's Inferno frames a start-dvx.
I've done all those things and gave bandit an attack where he disables all attacks of the enemies in front of him.

Attached Files
.zip   DisableMovement_StudyExeample.zip (Size: 54.48 KB / Downloads: 90)
Thanks given by:
hm, somehow this reminds me to HEX editing - maybe there's something silva can find out and cause the stopping of enemies...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
yes he found some 'difficult' settings that disable any attacking from the AI some time ago - pretty funny cause they still keep their preset distance to you

ive noticed sth similar with julio - if you stand directly on his line when he spawns and keep standing there (no firen flame or anything required) he wont attack/pick up his armor (you can stand there forever - he cant move untill he picked it)
so i wonder whether this also works when the bandits are not in line with firen

to me this looks like they simply defend cause of some state 3/xxx object approaching them, combined with the fact that they dont attack when they are not above/below you on z-axis
so i guess the only firen flame specific thing there is that they also dont try to close up to you?
Thanks given by:
Actually, I experienced the same thing with something totally different...
The attack was running on id: 423 and had the following frames:

Code:
<frame> 100 flying
   pic: 0  state: 3000  wait: 1  next: 101  dvx: 15  dvy: 0  centerx: 90  centery: 41  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   itr:
      kind: 0  x: 22  y: 27  w: 55  h: 27  dvx: 20 dvy: -10   fall: 70  vrest: 10  bdefend: 16  injury: 65 effect: 3
   itr_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 22  y: 27  w: 55  h: 27
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 101 flying
   pic: 1  state: 3000  wait: 1  next: 100  dvx: 15  dvy: 0  centerx: 90  centery: 41  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   itr:
      kind: 0  x: 22  y: 27  w: 55  h: 27  dvx: 20  dvy: -10   fall: 70  vrest: 10  bdefend: 16  injury: 65 effect: 2
   itr_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 22  y: 27  w: 55  h: 27
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>
The only thing coms did was standing around plus defending.
And if anybody is interested, it was the 6th line in data.txt =P
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
YinYin Wrote:so i wonder whether this also works when the bandits are not in line with firen
Too bad they don't...

For the enemy stop itself you have to create a rather high facing then...
Thanks given by: