Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Using z pos in a move?
Haha I'm sorry for that confusion :P

The effect I wanted to do was exactly rain like attack moving "down" the z axis, not directly towards the ground. My reason
for that is that when she casts it, it moves perpendicularly to her, which is why I wanted the attack to start from lets say
x: 0 y: 50 z: 100 to x: 0 y: 50 z: 0.

Something like that : http://sketchtoy.com/56749368

I've been able to do that and I just tried again the hit_j: 1 method but it seems that when im casting it on the bottom of the screen, it doesn't work. It actuallys make it fly slowly towards the top, you might see it in the video.

Btw here is the choppy video xD
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/oek1z2uwc.../Video.avi

Yes it would have been easier to make it move on the x-axis, but I wanted to defy the laws of DCing :3

And Then Will There Be None?
Thanks given by:
from the video, i would say the spawner has moved upward, then (not so)slowly moved downward and get stuck to the lower boundary. since you kept the chase in the balls, the balls moved upward towards the enemy.

if you want to make the effect showed in sketchtoy(if i didnt understand wrongly),
make the spawner move just a little upward, not until it reaches the upper boundary, then slowly move downward without moving on the x-axis, while spawning balls until a certain z-axis range.

Quote:Yes it would have been easier to make it move on the x-axis, but I wanted to defy the laws of DCing :3
just switching the axis movement is actually almost the same. and achieving this didnt defy any laws of DCing. =-=
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by:
Alright I just found out that the reason the spawner was moving indefinitely upward was because of a dvy: -1 in the opoint of the attack.

Thanks to Nyamaiku I could make spawn balls in a way more proper way than totally randomly XD
Then came the solution of YinYin which was to use hit_j to make the spawner move in the z-axis, and that is what I was looking for apart that I didn't know how I could make the balls spawn properly.

With all the explanations I got on hit_j I couldn't understand what was wrong with a certain invisible boundary until I put state 3000 on a new made ball a few minutes ago (I was using 3005). I thought maybe seeing a shadow would help me figure it out, and lol I just noticed that hit_j was working perfectly well and because of having no shadow and a high y pos opointing the spawning ball seemed to stop in the middle of the screen.

Now I can make a ball not too high from the ground move in the z-axis and spawn a multiple other balls in a clean way!

I'd like to thank you again guys for your incredible patience and kindness :D
And Then Will There Be None?
Thanks given by: