Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LFE's Legacy
What's some of the things you remember about the good old days?
List some of the things that impacted the community in general or you personally as a viewer/contributor/artist/dcr... etc
do you think we made a significant difference in the lf2 world wide community?
got any random lfe trivia for newcomers?
and where do you think the community stands as of now a days compared to only a few years ago? (as in member's/content/etc)
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: A-Man
LF 2.0
AI Modding

^^
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(11-19-2013, 02:53 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  What's some of the things you remember about the good old days?
Wiro and Prince Freeza fighting Monolith (not really old good, but rather funny).

(11-19-2013, 02:53 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  List some of the things that impacted the community in general or you personally as a viewer/contributor/artist/dcr... etc
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=8118
That^.
I have always believed he is a nice guy. I was always there in the IRC spamming until he kicks me out. Never thought he would actually have such a response. I still think he is nice though.. just very impatient. Well that did affect me, in a way. Oh and btw, the problem was that I was trying to extract the 7z's with winrar.. (not much of cause, was it? lol) I had my mind to not use those dlls again. Had to learn to do all the stuff in my own (And I don't think I've ever failed in doing all what I wanted). What should I say? Thanks you?

(11-19-2013, 02:53 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  do you think we made a significant difference in the lf2 world wide community?
Yes! Not to mention the datachang-ing, R.E, and AI advancements, but this forum is (was?) special for its variety of members (character-wise). But I believe that had started to fade ever since the Imfrommensalikeeinstein disease have spread world wide.

(11-19-2013, 02:53 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  got any random lfe trivia for newcomers?
Nothing, unfortunately.

(11-19-2013, 02:53 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  and where do you think the community stands as of now a days compared to only a few years ago? (as in member's/content/etc)
Unbelievably, it is still standing even though LF2 had gotten old. The content and the projects , on the other hand, are getting more HQ.

I would really enjoy others' input on this topic XD!
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Most notable difference in LF2-related works between then and now is the quality-level. Where a copypasted or pixelated character was perfectly okay in 2005 or earlier, it is now frowned upon. Same applies to sprites. I am a little biased in terms of DCing; as this is what I started out with. Anything back then which wasn't just simple tag-editing ("woah, look at this guy who can shoot 50 projectiles at once!" or "hey, this guy can kill anybody with one hit") fascinated me. At some point, I realized how things roll in LF2 which diminished my appreciation for the non-standard things. Especially because there are now numerous techniques established and new things are rare to be encountered.

I feel like this is also the general situation around LFE which makes it incredibly hard for newcomers to be accepted. I do remember times where there were tons of beginners (myself included) and, unless you behaved like a royal jerk, got some sort of positive feedback. Kind of missing that. Both the surge of new people as well as feedback.

From what I remember, LFE has had some sort of reputation. While 13z was a spriters-hangout, officials were, well, officials, and robo (g4f? I don't even remember its name) a place that nobody (=me) likes, LFE has been a DCing-area. Most likely due to the most complete documentation of DC. Chinese section of the officials has been an exception to all this. That's basically where things happen. Several novel things originated from LFE, though, and I am kind of proud to be a part of this platform.

Random trivia? Testuser is awesome. Follow his lead and you won't be disappointed. Only he will be disappointed. Always.

Also, these forums are a whole lot more customizable than the old one (danethical, pre-2008).
* Silverthorn approves
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: A-Man , LutiChris , MH-Razen , Dr. Time , Electric2Shock
"What's some of the things you remember about the good old days?"
Well i was rarely in LFE in the good old days, and visited the page more often as soon as lf2-global died. I just know the game for the players rly. But in the good old days there were more people playing LF2, now it's more like smaller groups, no more random clans are making their own homepages and stuff.

"List some of the things that impacted the community in general or you personally as a viewer/contributor/artist/dcr... etc
do you think we made a significant difference in the lf2 world wide community?"
Well I actually contaced the chinese and israelian community for the world records list idea i had one day. So they recognized this for the records. And beeing linked on the Wikipedia Page sure made a lot of people visit this page as the official fan page.

"got any random lfe trivia for newcomers?" no

"and where do you think the community stands as of now a days compared to only a few years ago? (as in member's/content/etc)" I think the amount of "i got this problems pls help" did go down and the quality of combos and other stuff improved. I mean look at the old Davis Challenge where Noir did get to Stage 45. And if you look on the list now there are people like Nullbyte and Kevin who beat awesome Stages.
[Image: 78f0db68c4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, at this point i want to thank somebody called ethix. He was the owner of danethical forums, the place where the first forum was hosted. The first try to establish a forum compleatly failed, he motivated me to give it a second try. Without him, all this wouldn't be...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
The only thing that I remember is how to up the wall.
Thanks given by: Lauli , Bamboori
I recently acquired a horse mask because of a pretty cool guy from LFE!

Also, those other two guys are quite alright too.
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Bamboori , The Lost Global Mod
i really gained a lot from this community. friendships, a relationship, lots of fun time and this:
[Image: Schnappschuss_von_mir_2.png]
truly a great time so far, and still a long great time to come i bet!
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Sonic Boom