Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kickstarter - masters of anatomy
i saw this project on kickstarter and it really got my eye
but i wanted to see what u guys think is this book really worth it?
do u think it will really give as big improvement?
for any artist here - are u going to order it?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1302...of-anatomy

for lazy ppl about this project:
the book show the ideal man and women form in side view front view and 3/4 view
by 100 of the greatest artist those days (digital,traditional,game designer,comic artist and many more kinds)
thats basically it
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
I'm kinda skeptical about it, im just worried about throwing away $90 if it turns out to be a scam. There doesn't seem like enough proof to convince me to purchase the book. I'm a little surprised so many people are funding it. But i only just see previous artwork that i can already view on Deviantart for FREE! And there's no sneak peak examples of what they're selling to convince me otherwise... :(
i really wanna buy it but there's not much but to take the guy's word for it... or did i miss something?
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: YinYin , Ariel , Dr. Time
same what luti said...

it sounds interesting and cool but why is it so damn expensive, i just dont get it... and if i spend so much money on a book i at least want a sneak peek
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2013, 03:27 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  it sounds interesting and cool but why is it so damn expensive, i just dont get it... and if i spend so much money on a book i at least want a sneak peek
It's because those 100 artists don't work for free. Even if I don't know any of those names I bet some of them are very expensive if any of that 'master' stuff this book is supposed to deliver is true.

Either way I would wanna see an example for a few very different artists too before hopping in on anything (actual result - not what they do otherwise).
But even then I wouldn't spend my money on it I guess.
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Jahvansi
Looks silly to me. There are so many anatomy-tutorials out there that it's not even funny anymore. Also, agreeing to Luti; I know a couple of the artists from devArt where I can see the pics free of charge. What point is there to pay a ridiculous amount if you can also view those different styles anyways? (Now, I could probably rant about the fact that I dislike quite a few of those art styles but efort)

It feels a little like the college textbooks that cost like $100 and up, whereas you can rent one for free at the library (you'll probably never look into it ever again, too).

Rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant.

Rant.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Bamboori
Completely agreeing with BP.

There are many tutorials and books on anatomy, some of which can be found on the internet if you search for it (some not 100% legal however).

It's not a book specifically for learning how to draw all the structures, but one book that I know it can be found online is "Krachttraining - een anatomische benadering" by Frédéric Devalier (it means "Training for power - an anatomical approach". It is basically a book with all the mucles that can be seen on the outside of ones body and fitness exercises that can be done to train them. Good thing about that is that it covers many diffirent movements of the human body and has a picture of that movement drawn and you can see exactly what the muscles look like during that movement..
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: Ariel
(11-07-2013, 06:57 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  (you'll probably never look into it ever again, too)

My textbooks' life story. Really, there are enough ridiculous amounts of tutorial for everything out internet for free already. Just for "Masters" tag, it becomes expensive.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have red like 1000 tutorials about drawing. Like 100 were "professional" and about 10 were books bought by me.
Nothing can help you if you don't draw.
I'm not best drawer, but I know that books like this doesn't help much.
It's 100 times better to replicate exiting enviroment, then read a book.
Observe, observe and observe. Try to close any shape in a solid block, and then just carve these blocks with a drawing tool.
These action doesn't require a book to be read meanwhile - rather someone who will criticize your work.
If you really wanna to become a "proffesional" artist - finish a drawing course, not a book. Only something with an objective look will tell you what you need to work on and will tell you how to do it.
The only thing that's good in these books - is the motiviation. If you see something cool you want to make something cool by yourself - in much cases you're inspired just by the thing you saw.

In the end:
I don't support this action, but I'm not that much against it. If people really want to have a book about drawing then I'm not telling them not to, but I'd suggest going on a course -I know that's much more expansive and time consuming than an ordinary book - it's 100 times more effective.
This one costs about 100$, I'm sure you could have like 10 hours of pretty good drawing course in that cost (at least in my country).
I've spent like few hundreds on those, and few about a hundred for books. I'm waaay more satisfied with an any course.
[Image: 11giwbl.png]
Thanks given by: onikage , LutiChris