Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
osu!
osu! is a free rhythm game on the PC that I began playing for around 3-4 months ago.
So far I've enjoyed my time with it and I thought I may as well post it here.

It is pretty good at improving your reaction time as well as mouse accuracy, eye-to-hand coordination etc. and thus can be a good help to games like League of Legends, Dota, Starcraft etc.

Check it out at http://osu.ppy.sh/
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
Osu is probably the rhythm game with the most music library (beatmaps) :D so I can find many of my favorite musics. I play a lot more of osu mania rather than standard mode lately though. It was quite hard to get into (since there are 7 keys).

I'm not living with my 'super-gamer' friend anymore so I don't have access to his gaming mouse, which is why I play more osu mania hahaha... it does require a decent mouse at least, rather than my crappy little rainbow flashing mouse.

Osu standard mode was something I have thought about quite a few years ago. I used to play this game called global defense network, which is a 'rhythm shooting' game, but I felt it's such a pity that although the targets spawn on the rhythm, we are just shooting as quickly as we can.. not following the rhythm. When I found osu, it was the perfect game that I was looking for XD .

AWESOME GAME!
I remember at first it was more trouble trying to 'read' what I should click, rather than to click accurately itself. After some time though, reading is relatively easy compared to the clicking action :) . It has a nice design.

Reading in osu mania mode causes a lot more trouble though since there are 7 keys, and it takes some time to get used to using the colors to quickly identify the button we need to press. Also, at higher difficulty, reading a lot of keys in a short amount of time can be as problematic as pressing the buttons itself :D .
TEMPE
Thanks given by: Som1Lse
(11-04-2013, 10:07 PM)Kevin Wrote:  Osu is probably the rhythm game with the most music library (beatmaps) :D so I can find many of my favorite musics. I play a lot more of osu mania rather than standard mode lately though. It was quite hard to get into (since there are 7 keys).
I haven't gotten into osu!mania yet. I reckon I could get at least decent at it, since I've played a lot of Guitar Hero.
But I'll wait for now

(11-04-2013, 10:07 PM)Kevin Wrote:  I'm not living with my 'super-gamer' friend anymore so I don't have access to his gaming mouse, which is why I play more osu mania hahaha... it does require a decent mouse at least, rather than my crappy little rainbow flashing mouse.
I disagree.
I've been playing a lot with a crappy mouse from HP, that came with my 3 year old desktop (this one), and no mouse mat.
That said I can do almost as well as with my Razer Mamba I use at home, and mouse mat. I certainly agree having a mouse helps, but not to the point that it is unplayable.
As long as it is consistent, you're fine.

This is not to say you should absolutely play osu!standard. If you enjoy osu!mania more then that is completely up to you.
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
one of my course mates excessively plays osu!droid :p
i wish it wasnt programmed so sh****, then id play it on my phone too.
SE, how advanced are you in programming for andorid? ;D
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2013, 04:45 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  SE, how advanced are you in programming for andorid? ;D
I've never done it ever :D

Try it on PC.
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: