Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 questions
so now im writing a ddraw AI for aiden...
everything was going smoothly until i have to do the D^J move, so...

1. how to make the character detect if a ball is coming towards him?

2. how to make him NOT press A,J or D during certain frames when he is not close enough to the enemy?

3. how to make the AI choose where to move along the z-axis while in those certain frames? i want him to move away from the enemy(along z) while making sure he wouldnt get stuck to the z-boundary of the map

EDIT: seriously...no replies after such a long time? is it that these 3 cant be solved or is someone still experimenting? if this really cant be solved, i will have to edit a bit of the data for the AI to work....
EDIT2: finally, someone replied
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by:
1. how to make the character detect if a ball is coming towards him?
loop through each object
if the object is type 3 and on the other team
check its x coordinate and your x coordinate, and its dvx
if its dvx < 0 and its x coordinate is > your x coordinate, it is coming towards you from the right.

2. how to make him NOT press A,J or D during certain frames when he is not close enough to the enemy?
assuming you are using the built-in target (the target selected by the lf2 exe)
check your x/y/z coordinate compared to the target's x/y/z coordinate (subtract)
if the absolute value of the subtractions is not within some chosen values (your specified distance), then make your character walk/run towards it

3. how to make the AI choose where to move along the z-axis while in those certain frames? i want him to move away from the enemy(along z) while making sure he wouldnt get stuck to the z-boundary of the map
if target's z is greater than yours, then it is further down from you on the map.
if target's z is less than yours, then it is further up from you on the map.
if your z value is approaching map.zboundary, then make it walk the other way.

if you want example code, http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=7946 should help. I'm not sure if you have access to the current map's zboundary etc. for your 3rd question.

Azriel~
Thanks given by: Nyamaiku
FINALLY! A REPLY!!!
anyway...thanks a lot! but there are still a bit of problems:
(11-09-2013, 11:43 AM)Azriel Wrote:  assuming you are using the built-in target (the target selected by the lf2 exe)
check your x/y/z coordinate compared to the target's x/y/z coordinate (subtract)
if the absolute value of the subtractions is not within some chosen values (your specified distance), then make your character walk/run towards it
problem about 2, is for a move which the character is flying with state15 over enemy projectiles, and can cancel the flying by pressing A/J or D.
so the original lf2 AI keep pressing D and causes the character to go down, my guess is this cant be solved using pure AI scripting? maybe i should just cancel the press D to stop?

(11-09-2013, 11:43 AM)Azriel Wrote:  if target's z is greater than yours, then it is further down from you on the map.
if target's z is less than yours, then it is further up from you on the map.
if your z value is approaching map.zboundary, then make it walk the other way.
about 3, it is for controling z movement during that flying move mentioned above. i have manage to write one like the one mentioned by you, the AI should move away from the enemy in z-axis , but the original AI kept trying to move back towards the enemy, causing the character still being on the same line as the enemy. is there a way to overwrite the original AI in this situation, but still have the int ego for other actions?
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 02:27 PM)Nyamaiku Wrote:  problem about 2, is for a move which the character is flying with state15 over enemy projectiles, and can cancel the flying by pressing A/J or D.
so the original lf2 AI keep pressing D and causes the character to go down, my guess is this cant be solved using pure AI scripting? maybe i should just cancel the press D to stop?

Any problem can be solved using AI scripting. You can rewrite the ENTIRE AI if you use id instead of ego. http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=8016 Look at my henry AI. When you use id then you control EVERYTHING about the AI. Which means you'd need to write a "basic" ai first. When you use ego, you only control "special move" AI, this makes writing AI easier but means you lose some control.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: Nyamaiku
i have tried your henry AI a long time ago. its amazing
but that level of coding is beyond my brain's limit for now:s
guess i should just stick to ego AI then, though it may not work as fine but at least its better than nothing.
just thinking about having to write a basic AI that works just like an ordinary lf2 AI makes me depressed.
at least this AI still quite pwn in 1v1 battles most of the time:D
Thanks given by: