Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ball problem
Cirno
Well, I'm trying to combine Davis' D^J +A with a Firzen Cannon to the ground.
Problem: It's not working properly. The Balls go into the ground. (And I have quite a sprite problem too.)

Sinow
to make it work properly, you need to use a weapon type like type: 1. Normal type: 3 balls just go through the floor, but if you use a weapon type, the object will go to frame 60 when it hits the ground. Simply create a new ball, make it type: 1, then have frame 60 have the effect that you want it to have when the ball hits the ground.

Cirno
Thanks! I'll try it.

MH-LF2
Hm, there's another solution. YOu rememebr the overwhelming stuff? I think it's done with

Sinow
lol MH, that's very close to what I doing for Tyler... smilie

Marshall
I would prefer MH's method rather than the weapon one by Sinow because MH's doesn't require a new data, thus more space in data.txt
Or am I wrong?

Marshall~

Cirno
No, you just change the .dat into a weapon type.

Sinow
Well, it really depends on the ball. If you want to have the ball explode if it hits someone on its way to the ground, then yes, you would probably need a new data file. But if it doesn't explode at all, then there'd be a way to reuse another data file.

Or, if you did want to use the weapon method, you could give an existing ball a weapon type and use that one. I believe that would work. You'd need to add some dvy: 550s, but I think it'd be possible...

Cirno
Thats what I did.

Sinow
lol, sorry, i didn't see your post >.<

Marshall
No... because the data has other balls in it also, so will it affect the other balls that I hv in there?

Marshall~

Sinow
it will because they'll also start to fall, but other than that, no. You can use dvy: 550 to get around that. Also, the ball should act the same as if it were type: 3 because it can still use the same state, which will cause it to go to what ever frame it would normally go to when it gets destroyed, hits something, etc.

MH-LF2
Lol, to tell the truth: not sure about this right now, didn't dc a long time. But it may be that the hit_Fa: 7 needs the hit and hiting frames if it hits persons or weapons. SO you can't use the frames around 0 for the first ball and have the overwhelm frames whatever you liek it to have...

Topic moved to Advanced Data Changing

Marshall
I've tried setting the dvx and z to 550, added hit_Fa: 3 on the first flying frame of that particular ball and the rest of the flying frames, hit_Fa: 7, made frame 60 state 9997, but it still produces one shadow... why is that?

Marshall~

Sinow
does frame 60 have a next? The ball is probably "stuck" on the ground and going from hitting the ground to another frame with hit_Fa: 7 and then going back to frame 60. Well, I think that could be it..

Also note: dvy: 550 does not work with hit_Fa: 7, the ball will still move down, just really slowly.

Oh, and maybe try using state: 3005 instead of 9997

Marshall
I did not even think of setting dvy to 550 cuz I do want it to fall
I tried sate 3005, but it still didn't work. I also found out that hit_Fa: 7 isn't exactly a great idea because it changes direction which is undersirable in my case... Because the amount of ids are always a major concern, I am not using a new type one id... I will just abandon the idea unless I've still got some space left after finishing all the rest.

Marshall~

MH-LF2
With the shadow..... hm, why don't you just post the frames in a txt-atachement here...?

Xsear
Cant you just like create a new character (hidden with cheat) and make the character spawn theses.As they spawn in air, they should be in Jump frames and you can add an itr there. Gravity let them fall down to the ground, and when they hit the grund they go to crouch frame and you can let them dissapear. Am i out biking?

Sinow
That's basically the idea behind using a weapon-type data. Instead of the crouch frame, you'd use the on_ground or just_on_ground frame.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: