Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial: corour all sprites with photofiltre in 1 or 2 minutes
Step 1: open photofiltre.
Step 1.5: open a sprite i am using bandit. [Image: ix1bC2M.png]
Step 2: take magic wand. [Image: 63xIgvr.png]
Step 3: press the color button after tolerance.
Step 4: select hue variation. [Image: 9zG78s6.png]
set it to any color u want i used ice blue.
Step 5: press saturation 3x. [Image: HwdCqVX.png]
this is the outcome i get. [Image: PcQnv2Y.png]
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
anddd...point its..?
Thanks given by:
You also colored his glasses.
[Image: 11giwbl.png]
Thanks given by:
yes i did it looked cool

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
No, you did this because of color tolerance. Unless you do it by your own hand it will always catch some other unwanted pixels and recolour them.
[Image: 11giwbl.png]
Thanks given by:
i know that
but i am not a good spriter

Thanks given by:
(10-23-2013, 01:29 PM)Amadis Wrote:  i know that
but i am not a good spriter
Yo, if you're using the traditional way, there is one thing that's much more important than skills, and that is patience. If one is unwilling to spend a good portion of their time on it, the result will be equally rough. This applies to pretty much anything.

I'm no expert in PhotoFiltre but I am relatively sure that you can subtract selections. Essentially, you select the part you want to edit via the magic wand tool + tolerance. Then, you pick something like the equivalent of Photoshop's lasso tool or rectangular marquee and unselect the unwanted areas (in this case, the sunglasses). Proceed however you want.

I know, it's tiresome to do this for 140+ sprites but first, you will gain much more control over your work and second, it looks better. Give it a try ;)

Oh, also, before I forget it, in order to tint white clothing, try to reduce the luminosity a bit while increasing the saturation.
Silverthorn
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

» Gallery | » Sprites | » devArt
Thanks given by:
I guess i am blind but i don't see a difference. So can someone tell me what happened? :D The glasses look the same to me.
You probably can see something if you look very close and compare carefully but then i don't see what it is usefull for.
[Image: 78f0db68c4.jpg]
Thanks given by: A-Man , Rhino.Freak , AmadisLFE