Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Char] Loden - The Magnet Expert
(08-28-2013, 03:59 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Azriel - for making gifs?
Or why is his name on Loden?
:p
my name is Ariel :p

(08-28-2013, 04:11 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  maybe he could have move which involve weapons (ie dragging them around to damage enemies with it, throwing them like a boomerang)?

thats why i asked u to test him :awesome:
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: YinYin
first congratulation for the job you have done :D

gad is right exploding is not really "a magnetic stuff".

DVJ here same thing, looks like he is an earth/dust character :( Instead of that i propose to add some grey-white circles which can make it looks more "magnetic".

D>A and here maybe some 30 degrees grey-white circles instead of those colored balls.

Some new possible moves
he can opoint metalic objects that push/pull others
Thanks given by: Ariel , Bamboori
Amazing char!
I really do like him
Especially becouse of his awesome
effects of moves
good sprites
sound effects
and ordinary fighting style
Thanks given by: Ariel
(08-28-2013, 04:14 PM)DesignHeaven Wrote:  my name is Ariel :p
rofl - never mind then. They are a little too fast btw - and you could've really captured better sequences on some of them.
(08-28-2013, 04:15 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  gad is right exploding is not really "a magnetic stuff".
D>A and here maybe some 30 degrees grey-white circles instead of those colored balls.
What's wrong with awesome blue/red for clear polarity (push/pull)? Without colour they would be hard to distinguish - on top of that these are commonly used for magnetic stuff.
And since this still is energy I don't know why you shouldn't be able to blow it up (I think the second actual magnetic feature of the magnetic blast isn't working yet - haven't had time to test this latest download).
Thanks given by: Bamboori , Ariel , Marko
Oh yesh.

Firstly, I'll note that I love the way you can roll to get the explosion and the new run attack. But as mentioned in my PM and Mono he still lacks combos. So I'll stay with something similar to what I PM'd you. :P

Basically, Loden punches his opponent and with the final punch he launches him into the air (For it to work I believe the last punch will have to launch the enemy into the air higher than it does right now) and while the opponent is in the air Loden creates his magnetic energy orb thingy which damages his enemy, while the opponent is landing from Loden's last action, Loden uses his Magnetic Push to finish of the combo.

Long story short: A+A+A+A + D+^+J + D+v+J
(08-28-2013, 06:21 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
(08-28-2013, 04:15 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  gad is right exploding is not really "a magnetic stuff".
What's wrong with awesome blue/red for clear polarity (push/pull)? Without colour they would be hard to distinguish - on top of that these are commonly used for magnetic stuff.
And since this still is energy I don't know why you shouldn't be able to blow it up (I think the second actual magnetic feature of the magnetic blast isn't working yet - haven't had time to test this latest download).
To make things clear.
I didn't say colors or explosions don't fit, but the whole style/animation looks rather un-lfish and weird for me. Like too many colors in the roll/jump explosion.
AWESOME char !!!!
sorry 4 my bad eng
[Image: stand-10_zpse8943b33.gif][Image: walk-11_zps3a4de3e2.gif][Image: att-3_zps48065cd2.gif]

This character is really interesting.
i like the idea of magnet ball(D>A), and so of its input method.
But, you forgot to change the oid of rebounding. it will become dennis' ball when being rebounded.

Also, i think that his run attack is too weak. its speed is really slow and the injury is poor.
Not to mention it will only hit one enemy.
i suggest at least increasing the injury to 50 or above, and make it can beat multiple foes.

the explosion of D>J slides a little, and it looks weird. you may use dvx: 550 to stop its motion.

btw, the animation is smooth. Nice work :)
Awesome char! Sprites are soo nice!

Everything is good to me but the Kick move. It is quite meaningless in my opinion :( Because of its short range and have no real combo.
Even we can do DvJ + DvA and D>A< + DvA, but...
How about making the combo with it? Like A+A+A+A + DvA.
Cool character, you are really fast at making sprites I must say!!!

@Simeneon
okay

Simoneon edited this post 08-29-2013 10:26 AM because:
I've heard he used Gad's template :D