Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some tools to solve LF2 related problems
" Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more info. "

A-Grid Clipper gives me this error and that program closes.. please help me man, I have to use it! :(

EDIT: put the compatibility mode to Win98/Me and that error didn't come.. but as soon as conversion started, this dropped out
"inder 158 is out of bounds for axis 0 with size 135" .. :( :( :(
Thanks given by: A-Man
Runtime error?.. I am pretty sure it has something to do with my retarded way of threading XD. Probably running it once more normally would have fixed the problem. Anyways, I will fix it.

And your second error is because of a mistake in your "w: " at the bmp part of the .dat file ("w:" is labeled 159 when it is supposed to be 136?).
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
I tried running program for 10-15 times lol..
and what lol? well I have been playing with that character with no absolute sprite errors!

edit: opened sprite, the width is 159 and h is 85, and thats what is stated in .dat files.. yet the error, decided to change it to 135, that error didn't come but now this came
"index 815 is out of bounds .... size 800"

though there's not a single sprite with 815 width or anything near it..
Thanks given by:
Dude, show me the bmp part of your dat file and the sprite grids. I will prove you wrong Twisted.

Thanks given by:
alright then.. wait for me to upload those files okay?

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?lyzk7lfbio0vloo

try them yourself
Thanks given by:
You see what you're doing there? It is supposed to be "row: 5 col: 7" and not vice versa. Marti and Starsky has pretty much thought it this way:
row: the number of squares in each row (not the number of rows the grid has) - that is the number columns the grid has.
col : the number of squares in each column (not the number of columns the grid has) - that is the number rows the grid has.

You've probably faced some problems with pic: not pointing to the right sprite. This is the reason. Now fix that (and also check if the ones down have that same problem), and then run the Clipper again. Enjoy the show ;D

Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
OOH! yes, damn that! I fixed that and after sometime the same index axis bug came.. tried with other char, still the axis bound thingy..

looks like I can't get it done lol :/
Thanks given by:
Whenever you get an "index out of bounds error", then it should always be a problem with your "w: h: col: row:" line of that grid it stopped at. You really should work these out. I tried fixing your ichigo files and all the grids with row: x col: y are reversed. Then there was this "ichigo_3.bmp" grid. It has got an "h: 85" and an "col: 6" which would usually sum to (including the green lines) (85+1)*6= 516 pixel width. The grid itself has got a 512 pixel width only 0_o.
And with all seriousness, these grids you wanted to clip are not really bad at all, and clipping such ones won't make much difference. Try running the clipper on these grids where you can see the square the sprite is put in much larger than the sprite itself - a waste.

And something that might help: when you sometimes think a character is having only one grid (out of many others) that needs clipping, you don't really have to include all the grids in the process. Just remove the ones you don't need out of the "input" folder. Yes, it won't throw an error, but just clip and do the ones it finds.

~And fixed that annoying run-time error. Will upload the fixed version soon.

Edit: Uploaded the fix http://www.mediafire.com/?h55owiw8t7km3p9 . Updated the link in the first post.

Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
actually I was re-gridding him coz he had those weird pic: problems due to row and col swapped.. hence I thought that the program will make new grids => no problems XD
looks like I need to re-grid all those annoying error grids myself to get it working :(

thanx for helpin' me man :D
Thanks given by:
Late post, but when i try to run this clipper program Runtime error comes and says " Need between 2 and (32) array objects (inclusive)", how to fix this
Thanks given by: