Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Revamped Projects [Master Thread]
Remake other peoples projects, finish them, expand them, add your own flair and ideas!

Similar to the Revamped Sprites thread I have gathered a list of projects including permission for you to mess with them as you like and compete against each other.
To get a good balance for each round between you choosing what to remake and still having comparable entries I will soon post a poll with all available characters. The top three of that poll (more or less depending on how clear the result is) will be allowed for revamping in the following round.

You are allowed to do anything you like: create/edit sprites, data and AI. The original should however still be somewhat recognizable (if I can't see you used one of the allowed characters the entry won't be accepted).

current character lineup:

Feel free to offer/suggest/request more characters. Don't forget we need the permission of the creator though.
I will try to gather permissions for more projects from the Fileplanet, unfinished ones and maybe even unreleased ones.

Round 1: Preliminary|Development|Voting|Winner:luminance
Preliminary Round 2
Development Round 2
feel free to add Earth to the list
[Image: E3leNSH.png] Earth
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: YinYin
I'd love to see some more C&P/recoloured characters. I've been thinking of remaking the sprites for those a long time ago.
Thanks given by:
im quite sure most dcers will give their ok for this, but give them a littel time ;) not all of them check lfe daily, and each of them has to give a personal permission.
at least you can already start spriting for my template chars haha
(08-20-2013, 07:01 PM)RtXaS Wrote:  I'd love to see some more C&P/recoloured characters. I've been thinking of remaking the sprites for those a long time ago.
Which ones in particular?
Thanks given by:
You can have my Jules and Clew too, if somebody still has the files, heh!
I certainly still have Jules - don't know about Clew. But I'll have a look.
More proper pictures and the poll to be added tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2013, 08:30 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
(08-20-2013, 07:01 PM)RtXaS Wrote:  I'd love to see some more C&P/recoloured characters. I've been thinking of remaking the sprites for those a long time ago.
Which ones in particular?

Alblaka's characters
Siegvar's GodHC
'Devit'-Long by shin hanazumi

I had a longer list, but I narrowed it down, because I thought the authors might be hard to reach out to.
Thanks given by:
Yin, you're still working over Aeron? I think somebody would be intrested in revamping that original character.
Thanks given by:
I got Clew! Probably not with the latest features though.
Also added more images. And Zombie Woody upon request. If you are wondering about how I contacted T-Tez: I didn't, the permission is written all over the sprite sheets.

(08-20-2013, 10:59 PM)RtXaS Wrote:  Alblaka's characters
Siegvar's GodHC
'Devit'-Long by shin hanazumi
Alright, send all of them a pm this morning. Siegvar already replied but wasn't specific about which ones he'll offer so far.
(08-21-2013, 09:03 AM)Gad Wrote:  Yin, you're still working over Aeron?
Yes. I would still offer him though if Siegvar agrees.

As I want to get this going and we already have a lot to choose from I'll try to post the poll late this evening. Everything that doesn't make it till then will have to wait for another round.
Thanks given by: Lauli