Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ALMOST LIKE CHARACTER GENERATOR
(08-07-2013, 07:56 AM)Azriel Wrote:  this is cool for creating non "boring-recolor/c+p" custom characters; i do believe that spriting each frame (or making a new template for each character) is essential to getting that uniqueness
and
(08-08-2013, 12:13 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  errr, no offense Gad, but you know, um to make custom char, you still need to draw parts.
I would call fast char maker or something but not for people who cant sprite

If you want a unique char, for ex: sword, staff, cape, etc. You can edit the whole template. You can recreate your own template.
It just removes the time when wasted for drawing the same part again and again.

For example, you have created whole your char in a mainstream method. But you realized you have to add a crown to the fighter's head. Now you have to copypaste it to every frame, rotate, rescale...
But with new method, you can simply edit the head to add your crown to all frames.

The loss of uniqueness con of this method can easily be altered by creating your own .fla template.

For Gad, Even just showing us that something like this was possible, that's enough.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^how the pretty barbie hell is my comment related to your text?
i said.
Quote:I would call fast char maker or something but not for people who cant sprite
thats he main point of that comment

Quote:For example, you have created whole your char in a mainstream method. But you realized you have to add a crown to the fighter's head.
thats true but
Quote: Now you have to copypaste it to every frame, rotate, rescale...
yes but
Quote:rescale...
what for?

actualy for some people like me, there is much more fun to spend more time on your product than spending just a little.

Its a good method for making sprites but I have a question, how many people IN HERE is using this method NOW for making characters and other related stuff, except Gad.

I think most of the staying with traditional way of spritting

Quote:It just removes the time when wasted for drawing the same part again and again.
if you are organised person, or atleast experienced enough with lf2 sprite or char making (I am talking just about lf2 sprites)you will know what parts do you need, you dont have to draw same parts. You can make 4 or more standing sprites, 4 walking sprites, 1 running stop sprites that makes 9 sprites from 1, but if you want bit cheaper character then you also can make 3 jumping frames, not crouching, but 62,63,64 i guess,a nd here you have 12 sprites, then just edit head so it would not be facing us, here you have another head part,
Useful
Thanks given by:
I am.
At least until my trial runs out.

And DesignHeaven is for his mod it seems.
Thanks given by:
So am i, it made us progress so much faster than we did before
Thanks given by:
(08-27-2013, 08:41 AM)EXG9 Wrote:  if you are organised person, or atleast experienced enough with lf2 sprite or char making (I am talking just about lf2 sprites)you will know what parts do you need, you dont have to draw same parts. You can make 4 or more standing sprites, 4 walking sprites, 1 running stop sprites that makes 9 sprites from 1, but if you want bit cheaper character then you also can make 3 jumping frames, not crouching, but 62,63,64 i guess,a nd here you have 12 sprites, then just edit head so it would not be facing us, here you have another head part,
Even being best organized and experianced will not position each part automaticly in PS or any other raster program.
The main advantage of using Flash is not drawing less parts, but to position them automaticly and then just ADDJUST.
Any program will force you to do every frame part-by-part, while in Flash frames are generated automaticly from parts.
And this is where you save time - believe me, or check it out by yourself - alot.
Even if you copy and paste same parts in photoshop and flash with template, PS will take muuuuch more time.

Thanks given by:
already made 4 chars with it ^_^
(thank u my dear friend gad)
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
(08-27-2013, 08:41 AM)EXG9 Wrote:  actualy for some people like me, there is much more fun to spend more time on your product than spending just a little.
Unless one spends so much time on it that it'll never become finished. Which is not the point of the Flash Template. Its sole purpose is to get a character DONE.

(08-27-2013, 08:41 AM)EXG9 Wrote:  Its a good method for making sprites but I have a question, how many people IN HERE is using this method NOW for making characters and other related stuff, except Gad.
I've been messing with it since yesterday. xmfcx converted the CS5-Template into CS3 (mad thank you again!), thus allowing me to play with it. Can be downloaded here: http://lf-empire.de/downloads/other/flas...27_CS3.fla
Since the spritesheet-generation doesn't work well for versions below cs5(?), there is another useful tool to work with: http://lf-empire.de/downloads/other/flas...ESHEET.swf
Instructions (Click to View)

On a related note, would it be okay with you if I added the Template to LFE? (as in: official, not only available via a link but with its respective page etc)

(08-27-2013, 08:41 AM)EXG9 Wrote:  I think most of the staying with traditional way of spritting
Those that want to do more than a single sprite or a tiny animation and rather create a bunch of characters will probably disagree. Or pretty much anybody that's willing to create at least a single char.

(08-27-2013, 10:50 AM)Gad Wrote:  The main advantage of using Flash is not drawing less parts, but to position them automaticly and then just ADDJUST.
QFE

(08-27-2013, 12:03 PM)DesignHeaven Wrote:  already made 4 chars with it ^_^
(thank u my dear friend gad)
PICS OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: YinYin , Memento , Ariel , LutiChris , Dr. Time
Hey Blue Administrator Phoenix, its your chance to create your own little fighter.
Useful
Thanks given by:
Thanks fot the support guys.
Adding the CS3 File and SWF converter in the first post.
Thanks given by:
Wow.
I am using flash for years. I haver never thought of this solution.
This is cool idea, I am going to use it NOW!
[Image: 11giwbl.png]
Thanks given by: