Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon: strength_list
yeah I know, too bad my mod is weapon less lol, btw we can use "attacking" thing for entries no. am i right?
Thanks given by:
(07-21-2013, 09:37 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  i have add some new entries in my mod :p
Cool, what do you use it for?
(07-22-2013, 07:17 AM)rhino.freak Wrote:  btw we can use "attacking" thing for entries no. am i right?
I don't understand.
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2013, 07:17 AM)rhino.freak Wrote:  yeah I know, too bad my mod is weapon less lol, btw we can use "attacking" thing for entries no. am i right?
yes

(07-22-2013, 09:17 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
(07-21-2013, 09:37 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  i have add some new entries in my mod :p
Cool, what do you use it for?.
well i have add to all chars a DDA, if they have a weapon they do an attack like normal weapon att, but a more stronger one (higher injury, fall,etc). Some chars like deep can make even stronger attack.
Thanks given by:
And what do they do without a weapon upon DDA?
Thanks given by:
Awesome, I'm already thinking up ways to misuse this.
*evil sh*t-eating grin*
*cracks knuckles*
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2013, 11:35 AM)YinYin Wrote:  And what do they do without a weapon upon DDA?

nothing, just move like when they have weapon (like normal_weapon_attack just without weapon). sometime it doesnt looks good but if you dont have a weapon you dont have any reason to perform it. it makes it more real, just in real life you can move you arm even without having a baseball in your hand.
Thanks given by:
Out of curiosity, what happens when you refer to an entry that's not in the list?

Ie., attacking: 42 in a character. How exactly does LF2 deal with it? Does it pick the highest value (something like entry 4), does it pick the first item of the list (entry 0), is it unpredictable (any entry may be picked), or will the weapon just behave like a dummy-object without doing anything?
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2013, 03:18 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Out of curiosity, what happens when you refer to an entry that's not in the list?

Ie., attacking: 42 in a character. How exactly does LF2 deal with it? Does it pick the highest value (something like entry 4), does it pick the first item of the list (entry 0), is it unpredictable (any entry may be picked), or will the weapon just behave like a dummy-object without doing anything?

Entry 1 it seems.

Another interesting thing: adding effect: 4 will still let it hit characters.
Thanks given by: Silverthorn
Here is a useful new entry:
  entry: 5  catching

I just noticed that using the beer bottle with an attacking value greater 0 in frame 123 does not drop the opponent after the second hit. Commonly a caught character can only take two hits from objects other than the catcher - the beer bottle however is missing a weapon strength list and thus you are hitting with what appears to be an empty/undefined itr.

Perhaps a fifth entry could add values to every weapon that allows more than two weapon hits, and actually does extra damage.
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , Deep , Silverthorn
Can confirm - its all about the fall values, and if undefined will default to 20. fall 1-20 knocks down in 4 hits (note: fall 20 is the default value). Go any higher and you'd knock down in 2 hits. Fall 70 downs in 1 hit.

Cursed number (2147483648) doesn't drop. Negative doesn't drop. Note that 0 doesn't work since it defaults to 20.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: