Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen Activity Pause
(08-16-2008, 08:52 AM)vktewari Wrote:  Think you don't get it. I want not to study the attacks. I want the all characters on the screen to stop moving while executing the attack to make it look nice. That's a DC question.

actually I would suggest something different. maybe one of the hexers can create a new state which makes everything pause but the object which use it not...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
I'll try that MH. Thanks.
[Image: iQKrlcDUzuVgIsDYwKFmT.gif]
My new character VK.
Thanks given by:
I have an idea, but could be a lot of work:

Give your character a bdy in the move, like y: 1000 or 10000, etc (where no itr can reach)
Then give all character in the game a itr kind 8 in all frames, leads to a frame with dvx: 550, dvy: 550, dvz: 550

How is that?
Thanks given by:
I could have used an effect for the same. Cause, my fire frames are free. That would have been a lot easier. But won't it look wierd that all the characters stop with the same animation. With pausing, I mean that every character stops in the frame he is in at the time of pause.
My new character VK.
Thanks given by:
Yes, i know what you mean (about pausing), so give characters itr: kind: 8 that lead to a frame with the same pic.

Oh my, there's not enough frame here

Well, i think hex-editing would help, i'm not a hexer anyway, so i don't know any thing ^^
Thanks given by:
Though, if you're trying to attack while doing it, it could be kind problematic to shoot stuff, or make your opponents move.
You'll have to pretty much add loads of detectors.
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2008, 11:59 AM)Deus Ex Machina Wrote:  You'll have to pretty much add loads of detectors.

What do you mean by detectors?:confused:
My new character VK.
Thanks given by:
Stuff that would detect which particular frame each single character was at, you'd have to copy every single frame, too, give it a dvxyz:550 treatment, disable the hit_bla,
and after the time-stop ends redirecting it to the original frames.
You'd actually have to have tons of i/k8's. My fave itr :P
That could mean some work, so I'm in.
Let me test if it works fine, I'll get back to you tomorrow with a demo.

EDIT:
Damn I forgot, I can't figure out how to use the new state 4xxx hex...
The lf2.cfg thingy doesn't work for me :/
(Pausing time completely without any consequences can only be achieved if silva's state 4xxx transforms AFTER the wait. Otherwise you can't, because of the 399 frames limit. Though if silva can push it further, say, 798, then you won't even need any transformation.)
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by: