Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: LF2 Remake (Updated 12/27/13)
That's why I removed it. I hated how Hero Fighter made dashing a top priority. It turned from balancing all your skills into managing your stamina to move around. I admit I made a few HF-inspired changes such as the MP adjustment and side-rowing, but those are probably best-fit for LF2.

Since I'm getting more discussion, I might as well reveal a new idea for Davis: Power Up. I could not figure out a new move for him, so I thought to myself why not allow him to be stronger. A simple move that uses transform to change him into into a stronger version of himself and lasts for five seconds unless if an attack is done (excluding punches and projectiles) or if knocked down. I'm not sure how to implement the time yet, but I want to get other things done before working on this.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
Attack is done ... means if a shrafe/dragon punch/leap/super/run/catch/jump/dash attack ends? Since one of those has to happen eventually I'd say there is no timer required at all.
Thanks given by:
Bat About that timer, What about making it 10+ second long not 5 because, it will only transform it back to normal on second standing frame here is my idea I do not know will it work or not.

DC-Code:
<frame> 0 standing
   pic: 0  state: 0  wait: 5  next: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 hit_Fa: 240 hit_Ua: 300 hit_Da: 270 hit_Uj: 290
   bpoint:
      x: 39  y: 34
   bpoint_end:
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 23  y: 55  weaponact: 23  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 21  y: 18  w: 43  h: 62
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 1 standing
   pic: 1  state: 0  wait: 3  next: 2  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 hit_Fa: 240 hit_Ua: 300 hit_Da: 270 hit_Uj: 290
   bpoint:
      x: 39  y: 33
   bpoint_end:
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 23  y: 54  weaponact: 23  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 2 standing
   pic: 2  state: 0  wait: 5  next: 3  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 hit_Fa: 240 hit_Ua: 300 hit_Da: 270 hit_Uj: 290
   bpoint:
   bpoint_end:
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 23  y: 53  weaponact: 23  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 3 standing
   pic: 3  state: 8011  wait: 9  next: 999  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 hit_Fa: 240 hit_Ua: 300 hit_Da: 270 hit_Uj: 290
   bpoint:
   bpoint_end:
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 23  y: 53  weaponact: 23  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

I do not know, just made it up in my mind will that help?.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
I had an idea: electrocuted effect: 6
Amazing idea for me :/
Thanks given by:
Hi,

Someone I knew once wanted to make a LF2 remake in Java, so that it is playable on other OS as well.
Not being able to be run on other OS has been the only major issue with LF2 in my opinion, but unfortunately he stopped developing it.
One of the problems was, that there was no complete list of what the states mean to be found. LFE lists a lot of them, but not all, at least that was the case when I checked.

So my question now is: Will your version be able to be run on other OS than Windows as well? (For example using WINE on Linux)
[Image: 9nclhxgc.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2014, 07:05 PM)Zelphir Wrote:  Hi,

Someone I knew once wanted to make a LF2 remake in Java, so that it is playable on other OS as well.
Not being able to be run on other OS has been the only major issue with LF2 in my opinion, but unfortunately he stopped developing it.
One of the problems was, that there was no complete list of what the states mean to be found. LFE lists a lot of them, but not all, at least that was the case when I checked.

So my question now is: Will your version be able to be run on other OS than Windows as well? (For example using WINE on Linux)

I know who you're talking about. He expressed interest in my project. I didn't know he left. I really was looking forward to F-LF. I'm gonna be learning a bit of Java next semester in college. Don't get your hopes up for me working on F-LF unless something big happens. I don't know whether I can apply those skills for a project like that.

Okay... My exe is modified, but it isn't to the point where the game is completely different (like Sonic vs LF2 which doesn't seem to work on Windows 8). All I can say is that if you can run regular LF2, you should be fine with Remake. I don't have a Mac or anything close to test that out. It sounds like it doesn't work according to what you've said though. Sorry.

@Amadis: I will consider your offer. However, I don't see how you can help much other than do what I can't or help me out with the tedious stuff. I really want to handle the character balance by myself (although suggestions are always welcome).

@Lucianocapocha: Sadly, I don't know enough hex to figure out how to program something like states. An electric character is a nice idea but it might be a little cliche as I would be taking a concept from Hero Fighter (I already took several mechanics from there). Also, every electric character I've seen used Firzen as a base, so I won't use them. JackieRabbit's Bolt, I think, was in consideration for Remake but the bad sprites made me scratch him off as well. I hate seven-move characters anyway.

Either way, I'm taking YinYin's idea for powered Davis since that will be easier to handle. I still need to find something for Louis's Parry. I wanted to do a full guard that has special properties during the first few frames, but that seems impossible.

This project is on hold and I will get back to full work on it by the end of next month due to college. I have been working on tweaks here and there, and thinking about the future for this project. If I can't garner the motivation to go 100% with this, I will at least settle for the competitive aspect being finished. I'm not quitting and I won't no matter what until then.

To the admins (Click to View)

Azriel edited this post 03-23-2014 07:47 AM because:
Removed poll as requested.
Thanks given by:
I've got a present for you.
[Image: vhHkarn.png]

.bmp   bat_3.bmp (Size: 187.55 KB / Downloads: 34)
Can't be a main spriter, but I got bored and decided to just make a quick-fix Bat's DvJ grapple. I would suggest posting a list of sprites you'd like to be made in case other people are bored enough to help out. Also, here's a list of LF2 bugs by dixon, worth a reference along with this.
Have fun!
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Dragon5
Time for another update. Yin Yin posted a link to a modification that has a lot of potential should you choose to make your own LF2. Several features that would normally require hex-editing can now be done through the data files. Although bugged slightly, I decided to start porting Remake over to this new LF2. If you don't want to pull up a translator, here's a few things I can tap into with it:
  • New inputs such as GJJ, GAA, and GAJ without needing to manually code them
  • The ability to program armor and specific properties within each character
  • Characters can be labeled as selectable, hidden, or unplayable regardless of their ID
  • States that can render objects team-specific
  • Soundtrack assignment and flexibility
  • Personalization of the main menus
  • Separated stage data for more flexibility (Yet to test, but I'd like to say I can make more stages than just five)
  • The game loads the files before each fight now.
  • Readjusting the order of a character's movement to accommodate more sprites and/or looping
There's even more such as platforms and stationary projectiles, but that stuff isn't necessary for what I'm working on.

Onto the cons:
This exe apparently removes the MP buffs boss characters get. Whether this applies in stage mode is something I've yet to check.
Hexing this exe is rather difficult unfortunately. It doesn't help that the new Cheat Engine has a different style for pointers; whether or not the same trackers will work is beyond me right now. Nothing is in the original place and some of the code has been reworked. I've spent a few hours trying to get the shaking mechanics how I want and I just managed to recreate the MP tweaks. The 1-frame pause is an amenity that I cannot seem to get working right now. It has greatly helped with testing. Also, Someone else's WTE does not work for this as the game doesn't exactly "load" for the program to register. However, with the game loading the files each fight one can simply press F4 and restart the fight to apply changes. Lastly, I need to apply all the hexing and skin the exe with each update the creator releases. Yep, I'm pretty much redoing 1.5 years of work now in an effort to tap into more possibilities.

On the bright side, I can make hidden characters be fully made AND keep their status in stage mode!
I'll post a list of sprites I'd like on the first post along with an update of my progress there; I'm just messing around with Julian right now. I'll make another update when I'm finished with him and Davis. Aside from the obvious delay, I hope I can get a stream running to show development and get more feedback.

I still need to fix Louis's Parry... Procrastination, much?
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a great .exe mod, although personally I don't like how it loads all the time even if I didn't change the data instead of doing it in one shot, troublesome for me when my computer loads stuff slowly.

I just realized you need Julian upward throw sprites for a Grab+D^J combo and noticed that the drinking frames look similar to the grab frames. It's a nice combo, but I get the impression that it won't be as useful as Grab+D^A given how easy it would be to flip outprobably not as useful as Grab+D^A in single combat but might be useful for dealing with groups or projectiles. Here are the sprites anyway; some are extras for you to choose from, but should suit your needs well.
[Image: g0K2xF9.png]
If his body looks a bit stiff, just use MS Paint, take the drinking frames(I used the 3rd one for all the lifting), replace the grabbing hand with the one I made.

Balance issue: There is presently no point for Julian to use >>A when in practice >>JA does the same job(similar range, vrest & bdefend), albeit with faster execution, z-movement, same vrest and no MP; only downside is very slightly less damage. Give >>A something special to differentiate it from >>JA like bdefend 100 or high defense during the attacking frames of >>A, otherwise its weaknesses and high MP cost aren't justified.

I also looked in the data and noticed that >>A has odd damage values, starting at bdefend 40 injury 55, then bdefend 60 injury 70, then bdefend 50 injury 65, then finally bdefend 30 injury 45. Copy paste error?

Julian drops his weapon when he uses mirror image. Intended or bug?
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: