Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to change meh avatar
is not leting :(
[Image: 632039Untitled.png]
Signature credits- The Hairi
Thanks given by:
use your brain and go to User control panel-->Edit Profile-->Change Signature--> do this and that and here you go -_-
Useful
Thanks given by:
no u see when i try change avatar it say file not valid for everything
only sig change but all av upload not change -_-
this is comes 4 all -_-
Please correct the following errors before continuing:
The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL.
Thanks given by:
i guess it has something to do with this:

(02-27-2013, 08:21 PM)MH-Razen Wrote:  This won't have any effect on the forums beside the attachements and avatars are locked - you won't be able to host here anymore, just on external hosts.

its not working even for external hosts anymore.. same problem happened to me couple days ago, i tried changing my avatar many times but no use.. i keep getting the same error message you get.
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by: The Heskey , John Fighterli
(03-23-2013, 12:50 PM)The Heskey Wrote:  The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL.

(03-23-2013, 01:59 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  its not working even for external hosts anymore.. same problem happened to me couple days ago, i tried changing my avatar many times but no use.. i keep getting the same error message you get.

Just had a look at the code. In order to save certain infos about the avatar (ie. its dimensions), into the database, the URL is parsed and the image is then temporarily stored on the server to run the calculations locally (has to do with PHP-security-restrictions). In other words, the error-message is misleading.

I can't change the PHP-code either to program a little workaround, so it looks like avatars are, at the moment, unchangeable. I'll go talk to MH about introducing something like an LFE-change-avatar-day :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: The Heskey
But your ava is epic. Keep it.
Thanks given by:
(03-23-2013, 02:25 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  
(03-23-2013, 12:50 PM)The Heskey Wrote:  The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL.

(03-23-2013, 01:59 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  its not working even for external hosts anymore.. same problem happened to me couple days ago, i tried changing my avatar many times but no use.. i keep getting the same error message you get.

Just had a look at the code. In order to save certain infos about the avatar (ie. its dimensions), into the database, the URL is parsed and the image is then temporarily stored on the server to run the calculations locally (has to do with PHP-security-restrictions). In other words, the error-message is misleading.

I can't change the PHP-code either to program a little workaround, so it looks like avatars are, at the moment, unchangeable. I'll go talk to MH about introducing something like an LFE-change-avatar-day :p
Well, that explains why I'm entirely unable to change avatars using links :o

This question comes from a random member's curiosity: there's no way to change avatars if admins use the Admin CP and administrates another user's profile or something like that to change the user's avatar, is there?
The truth... is inescapable. The truth will always come out eventually, no matter what. And once the chains that bind the truth are severed... nothing can stop the truth from coming to light.
Thanks given by:
(03-24-2013, 09:43 PM)Shane Wrote:  there's no way to change avatars if admins use the Admin CP and administrates another user's profile or something like that to change the user's avatar, is there?

Correct. I just tested it, an avatar-change via the Admin Panel is not possible as well.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
could have answered you that ... - you wont even be able to use ftp :)

avatar change day still means a high risk for me since - in case of another attack - I will have to pay my hosting company. I dont really want to take that risk untill everything is fixed - and that could take a while...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: