Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zenshin LF2
Zenshin LF2 is pretty much the opposite of those whole overpowered 1-button-to-win mods.
Everything is more fast paced, fluid and challanging now. The chars are all still balanced in a way they can beat each other and Im contiously working on the balance. I originally started this mod private longer ago for personal enjoyment but I thought some ppl might like it.

If interested you can follow this website for news and more gameplay videos.

http://zenshin-lf2.webs.com/
Thanks given by: John Fighterli
Im still on this.

Thanks given by: John Fighterli
I honestly thought this was going to be almost a clone of my work, but this is far from it after seeing the special moves.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2013, 08:25 PM)Bat Tamer Wrote:  I honestly thought this was going to be almost a clone of my work, but this is far from it after seeing the special moves.

I also added counter skills to most characters you can use while you get injured or falling to get the whole gameplay more dynamic, fluid and fast paced. Firzen and Deep can even get out of fire and ice with that highjump for example. Woody can teleport out of it. Overall framespeed is faster.
Battles would be much better but AI doesnt know how to fully pull the chars out.
Thanks given by:
This mod sucks and nobody likes it.
Thanks given by:
ok i guess u put the full game into mediafire that will help
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 03:25 PM)xShui Wrote:  This mod sucks and nobody likes it.
Sounds like you don't like it yourself. Got ideas on how to tweak that?

Here is what I think about what I saw in the demo videos:
It doesn't hold up to your claims of being fluent and not overpowered.

First of all there are rather few full '1-button-to-win' mods. R-LF2 for example is not overpowered because you can quickly kill things (in fact it has rather low damages making fights last longer than usual). It is overpowered because every character has way too many flashy and ultimately useless special moves. Your approach to that doesn't look very different: you also make characters spam large amounts of projectiles all over the screen - more than what would seem natural. Also keep in mind: the more new features you add the harder it will be to really balance them.

And the extra speed and short cuts actually make it look much less fluent. You have characters flying all over the screen and changing directions very quickly at high speeds. This makes everything look very glitchy and unnatural instead of fluent. If you add the right amount of inertia before and after fast moves they will feel much more fluent (I think Dennis' super punch animation is a very good reference for this concept; or Davis' run attack; or the timing of stop_run compared to the respective running in general; etc). Which brings me to another thing that is anything but fluent: some moves like Firzens arctic volcano and LouisEX' phoenix palm have an incredibly long start up. You could have a sip of tea next to them and still casually slap them before they actually attack. The slow charge on the arctic volcano also makes the cape seem to teleport from one still motion into another. If you really need these long start ups you need to add more transition frames to make the animations fluent again.

edit:
(03-04-2014, 04:04 PM)Amadis Wrote:  ok i guess u put the full game into mediafire that will help
The game is here: http://zenshin-lf2.webs.com/download
Thanks given by: A-Man
idk how to explain well.
I made all characters which are more range like john, henry etc more spamish.
Those projectiles can all be dodged with counter or evade skill depending which char you play.
The chars which fight melee davis, dennis, woody are rather fast paced.
Stuff like LouisEX palm or Firzen arctic volcano are stronger but is slower so they can be dodged easy.
Those attacks are rather OP but almost impossible to hit. That was intended.
So its more satisfing feel when you actually have enough time to charge up and hit with arctic volcano lol.
I want gameplay in my mod more action, own skills & fast paced based.

When I play this 1 v 1 against computer all characters are balanced and can beat each other.

The dl versions there are both outdated anyway.
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 04:34 PM)xShui Wrote:  I made all characters which are more range like john, henry etc more spamish.
Those projectiles can all be dodged with counter or evade skill depending which char you play.
This removes an important game play aspect of these characters: aiming. If your D>A spreads out 20 blasts the players influence by holding up or down to aim becomes minimal. That's incredibly boring. You removed the dimension of aiming and dodging (by actually moving around) and replaced it with single input actions. Instead of the 3 options (up/neutral/down) you now only have one.

(03-04-2014, 04:34 PM)xShui Wrote:  Stuff like LouisEX palm or Firzen arctic volcano are stronger but is slower so they can be dodged easy.
Those attacks are rather OP but almost impossible to hit. That was intended.
So its more satisfing feel when you actually have enough time to charge up and hit with arctic volcano lol.
However this makes them fully useless against real opponents. And once you know the distance you gotta have for a computer opponent to walk right into it that becomes a boring fail-safe tactic too.

(03-04-2014, 04:34 PM)xShui Wrote:  When I play this 1 v 1 against computer all characters are balanced and can beat each other.
This is a lop sided test. How well is this balanced for computer vs computer? (create a character that deletes itself to test that)
How well is this balanced for human vs human?

Also you mentioned computers not really using your new features.
You could try to write them some basic AI that exploits them as much as possible to see how balanced things really are.
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 05:18 PM)YinYin Wrote:  This removes an important game play aspect of these characters: aiming. If your D>A spreads out 20 blasts the players influence by holding up or down to aim becomes minimal. That's incredibly boring. You removed the dimension of aiming and dodging (by actually moving around) and replaced it with single input actions. Instead of the 3 options (up/neutral/down) you now only have one.

?

(03-04-2014, 05:18 PM)YinYin Wrote:  However this makes them fully useless against real opponents. And once you know the distance you gotta have for a computer opponent to walk right into it that becomes a boring fail-safe tactic too.

For arctic volcano the computer opponent will mostly be in time to hit you. At least if you play on hard.
The palm is usable but still slower to charge compared to normal projectiles but stronger in return.

(03-04-2014, 05:18 PM)YinYin Wrote:  This is a lop sided test. How well is this balanced for computer vs computer? (create a character that deletes itself to test that)
How well is this balanced for human vs human?

Haven't tried computer vs computer, yet.
I never played LF2 vs humans in my whole life so absolutely no clue how player vs player would turn out.
I'd love to try this player vs player.

(03-04-2014, 05:18 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Also you mentioned computers not really using your new features.
You could try to write them some basic AI that exploits them as much as possible to see how balanced things really are.

Yes I suck with AI script and thats another reason why I would like to try human vs human with full potencial of all skills.

I uploaded my current version here http://zenshin-lf2.webs.com/download
Thanks given by: