Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #20: Tournament
(02-27-2013, 09:15 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  considering the crash was pretty close to the deadline, 'tis going to be new, too
How about you randomly pair up everyone who already joined and let the first round begin now?
Others could still join till your new deadline and be paired randomly again once they stack up enough.
Thanks given by:
Participating, so sign me up as well.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
I am in .
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 07:03 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
(02-27-2013, 09:15 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  considering the crash was pretty close to the deadline, 'tis going to be new, too
How about you randomly pair up everyone who already joined and let the first round begin now?
Others could still join till your new deadline and be paired randomly again once they stack up enough.
Thing is that I am not yet sure as to what system is to be used in the first round. If we have a nice 2n participants, everything works out find with classic elimination; but as soon as the number is off, it gets a bit weirder. And I don't want to use different systems as that will inevitably turn out unfair-ish.

(03-01-2013, 02:25 PM)Burschdi Wrote:  idk why my post is removed, but can I join again
Sure! :)
As for the post-deletion-issue, check out this thread; it explains the cause behind it. tl;dr-version: had to put a backup from a few days ago in place after LFE got attacked.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
If you use Challonge.com, just insert the names and the system (e.g. Double Elimination), then you just need to tell the program who wins and the program automatically updates the tournament bracket which can be accessed by anyone.

Via Challonge, It is also possible to seed some top players based on previous tournament or something. The System Swiss can greatly reduce the 'luck' factor, as well as giving weaker players chance to play more rounds, though it also means the tournament is likely to progress slower.
TEMPE
Thanks given by: John Fighterli , Bamboori , YinYin , Silverthorn
i like to play too it can be fun ;) and i dont play lf quite long time...
btw: 4 dragon punch (davis) is too much in my opinion...
[Image: hellsing01.jpg]
Thanks given by:
count me in for now..speed of the game might be a problem with me
also whosoever plays with me can tell me the exact time when hell be free..
Thanks given by:
OMG nullbyte is here XD
btw I decided to join~ please let me in.

I'm hoping of a tournament system in which we don't lose in the first round and leave :p at least double elimination (2 loses before we're out) but otherwise is fine
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
there is no chance I could defeat kevin :p
goku the legandary super saiyan

Thanks given by:
hey null give me some room in hamchi i likes to play with u. we havent see since year..
[Image: hellsing01.jpg]
Thanks given by: