Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notifications.
What about, you get notifications when someone "thank" your post?
Like in facebook.. :)
Thanks given by:
There is a plugin called MyAlerts.

Quote:MyAlerts is a notification system inspired by those found within XenForo and Invision power Board. It notifies your members of certain actions relating to their accounts occurring around the forum with a small alert in the header.

MyAlerts can also be easily extended by other plugin authors wishing to hook into the plugin to add alerts for actions happening within their own plugin. For more details on this, see here: https://github.com/euantor/MyAlerts/wiki/Integrating

MyAlerts also allows both administrators and users to choose exactly which alerts to receive so your users don't get bogged down by useless alerts they're not interested in and bigger board owners can disable more intensive alert types such as quote alerts.

Link to the plugin.

Not sure if the administrators are eager to add it?
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by: Marko pro
:p Please don't keep suggesting features that remind of facebook for LFE, we're not a social networking site...

And to your actual suggestion, I'm not sure the work would be worth it. You could check your thanked posts every few days and you'll notice new thanked posts immediately anyway (since the newest thanked posts are on top of the list). I'm pretty sure that after a while the notifications would just bother you :p
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Dr. Time , Shane , A-Man
I don't like this idea. You get around 300 thanks and for every thank one alert, not neccessary. Alering when one of our post got moved or when it is edited by a mod, is enough! ;)
Thanks given by:
I mean put some effect when you have new "thanked" post (thanks received on your acc). Maybe bold Font (bold already balded text- Marko stop talking nonsense Picasso ) or other color are enough (just to notice it).. i don't mean on PM notifications..
also you linked that other color Font as shortcut to this. as already is. :)
Thanks given by: