Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afterdusk [101 pages of Sci-Fi]
Once again, I've waisted dozen over dozen of hours on hitting random keys on my keyboard in order to create thousands of strings which make no sense whatsoever, regardless which programming language you bother to use on them.
Whatever, here's the most recent story of mine and, so far, the 2nd longest 'good' (given I don't really like my first, published book) literaric piece I've written.

Regarding the content, 'Afterdusk' is a sole standing title unrelated to any other story I've written before (opposed to my usual tendancy to settle most of my short stories within the 'Daina' world).

It plays in the near future, namely 'after the Dusk', a global catastrophe caused by an meteor impact which... oh well, just read it yourself, the setting is explained quite fine in the Prolog.
In a world of lies and illusions, where the high society controls everything, even everyday's life, a young soul decides to break the eternal circle, using a chance that turns out to be much, much more then she had ever dared to ask for. But with power comes responsibility... and with this power comes a danger threatening not just her or those surrounding her, but mankind and may even the universe as whole...

As well, I'm inclined to mention that, as so often, the story contains themes and content eventually not suitable for younger audiences, for example, but not limited to:
Gore, Severe Gore, Brutality, (implicit) Nudity and other mature content
You know, the usual stuff. Just don't read the story if you got to throw up everytime you read the word 'blood'.

I would like to add the fact that the story contains various more or less humorous references to movies, series, books and stories all alike, kudos if you manage to catch 'em all.

The story is a properly formatted file in RTF format. Since LFE-Forum doesn't permit rtf-attachments per se, I've had to zip it first.

edit: Download was corrupted, Will re-add it later, please download the story from my personal forum for the time being.
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: ossiee , Bamboori , NinjaExplosive
i downloaded it but when i try to extract it, it says the file is defective...
i tried downloading again but it says the same thing, and when i extract it i only get an empty folder.
<a href="http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=7273/">my sprites</a>
arts forum (Click to View)
my projects (Click to View)
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...........
Thanks given by:
I get a file called: jZip38299...Maybe try Re-Uploading it?

[Image: sanji_and_robin_signature_by_yinyangsplit-d5ytf5h.jpg]
~YinYangSplit~Click sig to see my dA
Thanks given by:
I will blame it upon LFE :/
Well, I will try reuploading it once I'm back home, for now you will have to grab the story (unzipped and from a solid server :P) from my personal forum:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index....eadID=8801

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: ossiee
well, that one is better!
i have read the first 11 lines, that looks very interesting! i will continue to read it when i have time...
thanks alblaka, now i have an interesting thing to do in my free time! and i will always try to find time for reading it!
it looks truly intersting... i will give feedback when im done!
...................__
BROFIST ...........
Thanks given by: Alblaka
looks like i have something to read as intermezzo on my e-reader :)
Thanks given by:
dude, i've read the first 4 pages and man someone is got to make a movie about this story!
...................__
BROFIST ...........
indeed this is very good! i dont know actually how much ive read atm :p but you sure are good at writing!
(01-26-2013, 02:14 PM)ossiee Wrote:  dude, i've read the first 4 pages and man someone is got to make a movie about this story!

Je, most of my stories have the tendancy to be probably better as a movie then as a book... It's hard to express action scenes and duels in words. And all the 'effects' in Afterdusk would definitely look awesome in a movie :P

(01-26-2013, 04:12 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  indeed this is very good! i dont know actually how much ive read atm :p but you sure are good at writing!
:3 Appreciated, a lot.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: