Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlight links?
I don't know if this is in the right thread or if this has been asked before (mainly because for some reason I can't use the search function) but...

Links are all in white-coloured text, so isn't there a way to automatically get all links that are made using the [ url][ /url] code in a different colour like most other forums do?

If this is a stupid suggestion, then I apologize.
The truth... is inescapable. The truth will always come out eventually, no matter what. And once the chains that bind the truth are severed... nothing can stop the truth from coming to light.
Thanks given by:
Why do we need it ? We can colour the link ourself. mycode are available to colour text.
Thanks given by:
test - url
test - uurl

I think Blue Phoenix posted this a while ago. Normal "url"-tags are underlined now, while you can use "uurl"-tags to stay "old fashioned".
At least that's how it works on my theme, dunno about the others.
Also, strictly speaking, the links ARE colored differently. Normal text is light-light grey, while links are white.
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock
I agree with this suggestion. LFE is the only forum I know which does not somehow mark url's by itself.
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
I'm just going to categorically assume that you're using neither the v2- nor the mybb-theme. Those two do have some sort of url-highlighting. In v2, [url] underlines the link to make them stand out more, [uurl] imitates the original behavior (just for those that prefer some sort of not-so-highlighted links). The mybb-theme displays links blue.

As for the others, I have just added the underlining to [url]-links. Hope that fixes your issue!

Honestly, I am a bit afraid to make every link on the forums pop out (that applies for v2, especially) because one could feel slammed. They're pretty much everywhere, hence break the flow (if that makes any sense :p). Also, it'd most certainly deviate from the grayscale-theme :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: A-Man , Electric2Shock , Dr. Time , Shane