Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF2 ver2.0a BG theme
Hi, I need some help with exe editing.
The exe file 2.0a BG theme is blue, right? Is there some way to change it to black? I know where to change the bitmap but the BG color, I don't know about that. Can anybody help, please?
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Thank You All and Farewell
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
open it with a hex editor
search for the hex color code of your blue
change it to black (000000)
save
test whether you changed the right thing - if not revert the change and search for the next appearance of your color code
Thanks given by: Hero destroyer
I am beriddled concerning the correlation between subject and forum. I just assume that you were actually talking about 2.0, so I moved the thread to the appropriate section ;)

Quite some colors are stored in the exe as RGB (or BGR)-values. For 1.9, there is a list of them available at the bottom of this post (omg, one of the first posts in this forum :p). As far as I know, there is no updated list for 2.0(a), so it'll be some work to be done.

Just grab a Hex-editor of your choice, search for the respective color, and replace it with the one that you desire. The system how the cfg has been designed is as follows: "Offset, Search for, Replace with"

edit: oh no, the swift YinYin ninja'd me!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Many thanks! It's solved now. :D
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
Pro tip: Use Cheat Engine instead of a hex editor. That way you can see the changes in real time, so you won't have to restart LF2 over and over again.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
Can you give me a link, please. And also the link to hex editor. I couldn't find it.
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_hex_editors
pick a free one with gui
http://cheatengine.org/
Search for 6c2010 (hex) in offset 000270ca. Change it to 000000 (black) or any other colour of your choice.

(R=10, G=20, B=6c)

E: The LF2 colours are coded in BGR, not RGB so replacing the BGR colours with RGB colours will ultimately be a FAIL.

Just interchange the last two digits with the first two digits to convert RGB to BGR.
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]