Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retro Lee On Road
(09-12-2012, 07:13 AM)Lauli Wrote:  Also, the gradient in the sky makes everything look better. I'm not sure about the 8-bit compression though.
Well, every sky in LF2 is pixelate in that way, without this it looks kinda too neat for me:
Okay, i think that's all what can i do, so it looks like release :D

Download

Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 07:13 AM)Lauli Wrote:  Marko pro, if you'd explain us how one could properly do this in LF2, we'd all love you forever.
EDIT: Also, the gradient in the sky makes everything look better. I'm not sure about the 8-bit compression though.
same like you make shadow of char...thanks GAD-and in game it look better
Thanks given by:
now that you have finished all three of them I tested each again

I think this one could use a second row of mountains behind the ones you already got - moving a little slower (you can also separate the ones you have)

and I think the moon should not fully disappear behind the mountains when you go right - if you don't want to move it much more you could have it just visible on both right and left side while its fully centered when you are in the middle
Thanks given by:
Exactly my ideas :) Rows of mountains will be also longer. Moon (this time real moon) probably will be connect with sky as a one layer, because differenet scrolling there is kinda pointless.

Thanks given by:
Update!
[Image: 2nt9304.png] (click me)

Now every row of hills is on different layer, blue sun was changed into real moon and at all everything is maybe less detailed, but more clear and lf-style.
At least i guess so...

[Image: 2wexund.png]

Thanks given by:
I think you could've kept the details on the mountains.
Also mountains/moon/sky need a whole different parallax scrolling. They seem way too close to the road.
Maybe try to mimic the movement of the lee on road moon and then adjust mountains/sky to that.
Thanks given by: The Hari
*w* I think It;s Look Awesome! Great Job. No reservations.
[Image: troll_by_extremedevilhunter-d81725q.png]
Thanks given by:
I like how it looks. Downloading to give you my feedback as well.

Edit:
The scrolling between the side and the lampposts feel too far away from each other. I know parallax means the closer ones move faster, but I thought the lights would be closer to the road. It feels very loose right now.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by: The Hari
i agree with yinyin...you should've kept the details on the mountains and the clouds
[Image: 165.gif]
Thanks given by:
Actually I like the new clouds.
And the non black border on the mountains is good too, I just miss their previous details.
Thanks given by: