Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: Little Fighter ½
hey thanks for your interest

i have tried with slimmer legs but did not manage to make her look female that way (no waist)

about character designs - have a look into the sprite folders or play stage mode first to get an idea
if you do something the most important thing to remember is that female/male characters need to always use the same body shape/outline
Thanks given by:
ofc, the sprites folder was the first thing i looked at even before starting the game :P
ill try to do some sprites and post back here.
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
[Image: 59885479.png]
Thanks given by: Dr. Time , LutiChris , Marko pro
Looks good to me!
Thanks given by:
thanks
but I have made one mistake
can you spot it?
Thanks given by:
Let me guess!
The color of the last window scenary is a bit darker than the previous ones ? Nah...
Can't find it.
EDIT
Forgotten to give shadow of the pillars.
Thanks given by:
whats the point of using 1 base for ALL chars? i wouldnt be satisfied to see the same moves all the time. as in lf2 each char has his own emotion, this leads to different hurtframes and such.
also i would like to help but since all chars uses same bases, there´s not much thing to do except copy+paste+color change+add hair. guess you only need about 1h for a full sheet. i really dont know how to help with sprites, but the facepics need some help if you allow.
jan try
[Image: XcQBI.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2012, 12:35 PM)davis60 Wrote:  Forgotten to give shadow of the pillars.
hmm no that's not what I meant
if the pillars had shadows they would be on the already dark wall
but as I do plan to have parallax scrolling I cannot really do that

I bet lauli could spot it

(11-05-2012, 05:13 PM)JustMe Wrote:  whats the point of using 1 base for ALL chars? i wouldnt be satisfied to see the same moves all the time. as in lf2 each char has his own emotion, this leads to different hurtframes and such.
well it will be two bases, male and female - and there are many reasons to do it that way
the first is obviously to create lf one over two (not just pixel lf2)
and the second managing that within a reasonable amount of time (not taking much more than an hour to work on these as you said - how else could I expect others to help me? or finish what I have planned alone)
the third reason is that I have modified the weapon system to allow any accessory/item you can think of - and this requires no more than two different body shapes

now the area inside the body outline and the head are fully customizable and also the only thing that lets you quickly distinguish lf1 characters (that's just how it is)
I do however want to customize all head angles (injured, jump, falling etc) because some characters just don't have hair - and that could take a little more time
and I think you are underestimating designing proper heads with limited pixels - but I will gladly accept help on face pictures, you can start off by redoing firzen and bat as their style does not properly fit with the other characters yet.

(11-05-2012, 05:13 PM)JustMe Wrote:  [Image: XcQBI.png]
[Image: compare.png]
hey not too bad - doesn't look so chubby but still female
the right hand had to be moved a little outwards to match
and it's a bit more difficult to give this shape different cloths (top/pants)
Thanks given by:
Hey you, do "LF1" tell you something?
If not then you should read everything in this topic and about little fighter first game
Useful
Thanks given by:
hari has started a decent take on the bald male base:
[Image: baldbase.png]

edit: I only now realize more flaws on that but it's still a good start
he will also try to do brokeback cliff
and I will try to do the great wall next

edit:
[Image: 14349407.png]
that went faster than expected
trying queen island now - that should be more difficult

edit:
[Image: 83454284.png]
hm not sure about this one - what do you think?
Thanks given by: Dr. Time