Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: Little Fighter ½
(10-21-2012, 11:19 AM)The Hari Wrote:  How many things still left to do, before beta phase?
two more hidden characters and three more stages
(10-21-2012, 11:19 AM)The Hari Wrote:  Only bug i found is something wrong with dummys in battle mode, they display firen run attack frame.
sounds like the dummys using knights id on the blue team as they use a different offset than 140 - but battle mode isn't really supported in alpha anyway
(10-21-2012, 11:19 AM)The Hari Wrote:  And something about AI: You're going to write new for every character, yeah? Well, i like Louis and Rudolf, they're harder to beat, but Henry is so irritating, whole fight is just chasing him from left to right.
I might if the difference between original AI and custom one is too large. But I might as well just decrease it by adding difficulty settings to them (they currently don't have that). Also Henry should actually not use his bow until his hp becomes critical - if you manage to make him drop it and throw it away at the beginning of the fight.
(10-21-2012, 11:19 AM)The Hari Wrote:  And Jason (is it allso original LF1 character?) is pretty tough, but he acts more like "alive player". Uh, i'm not really sure is it good or bad, but it for sure changing whole gameplay. Kinda "not like LF".
3 of the 4 hidden characters are actually not playable in lf1. But I have other good reasons to include them. Because Jason is still missing his 3rd move I gave him fully custom AI instead to still make him a challenge.
(10-21-2012, 11:19 AM)The Hari Wrote:  Can we suggest appearance/skills of "criminals", or just complete new characters? How many of them you're going to realise?
you can suggest anything you like - the amount of suggestions I realize depends on their quality and quantity - anything better than my own ideas, overlapping with them or filling the gaps nicely will of course make its way
Thanks given by: The Hari
Are the people talking in stage mode?

I doubt it since it is LF one over two.
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by:
yeah - no "talking" apart from team commands

Thanks given by: Lauli , LutiChris
:) 
(10-24-2012, 07:33 PM)YinYin Wrote:  yeah - no "talking" apart from team commands
No fun if the stage mod does not have talking.
Advice -> give talking in stage mode ;)
Thanks given by:
Why are you guys mentioning talking in stage mode so much?
Did I miss something? Does the original LF1 now feature a story mode or something?
Thanks given by: Bamboori
i dont know
apparently it makes things less boring if you have to sit and wait for pixel characters to finish text talking
Thanks given by: Lauli , LutiChris , Bamboori , bashscrazy
this one time i was playing a game and my fingers got tired so i wanted to stop playing the game but at the same time i didnt want to stop playing but then there was an unskipable cutscene so i got to stop playing the game whilst still playing the game and letting me have a break and letting my fingers have a rest which is why you should have text so that i can sometimes stop playing the game whilst still playing the game to ensure maximum fun is had at all times and so that my fingers dont get tired

But in all seriousness, do not include talking! Stay true to your vision, do not cave to peer pressure! Fight the oppression!

PS: Writing without grammar hurts :(
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: MnM
peer pressure requires much more than two people

download LF½ alpha 5

updates:
added third hidden character
created stage 3
changed background boundaries
updated password system
updated skin (control settings)
Thanks given by: Marko pro
download LF½ alpha 6

updates:
added fourth hidden character
added stage 4
updated stage 3
updated password system
changed summary screen

While I was finishing up the last aspects of the planned alpha features I also spend quite some time thinking about the beta phase.
I realized two things:
  • the line between alpha and beta version/features has become quite blurry in my mind but also much clearer if that makes any sense
  • the beta will require a lot more work even though the system is already in place (I started this 2009)
So while I will start working on beta features I will at first try to keep them simple and add them onto the alpha game.
Among these things will be:
  • creating all support characters to enable battle mode
  • spriting single layered lf2 backgrounds
I want to do it that way because the first beta shall only be released with all characters and backgrounds fully playable (just like the alpha). But I still want to release some progress through the alpha version, which will also turn fully featured instead of heaving broken aspects such as the battle mode. Not to mention that the cheat is still locked and I do have plans for stage 5 and survival mode which I want to keep exclusive to the alpha version (beta having the original stage mode and no non-lf2 characters).

Now I would be happy about any help I can get, in any field actually, to speed up progress. I already have Bamboori working on a female base for Jan (and future female characters) and the Hari has done some character designs.

Here is a rough to-do list I would accept help on (Click to View)

I am sending PMs with more details around to all members belonging the the respective group (or considered fitting).
If you don't get one but still want to help on something just ask me.
Thanks given by: Marko pro , LutiChris
[Image: supporttr.png]

may i suggest slimmer legs for the female base?? she has too big ties.
as for sprites, id love to be an assistance.. are you going to involve bat or firzen in this? (obviously you are) so id love to help with their sprites :)

edit:
played the game and tried it, pretty good and fun to play too.
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by: A-Man