Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: Little Fighter ½
YinYin i tried your mod a little and i liked it too damn much. Since the simplier graphics become more popular and gives better tastes like they did in minecraft, terraria and others; your mod have given me a hope that lf2 has a new future. And since my spriting skills suck, it gave me a hope to make a new mod with pixel art:D.
I used to play LF1 too but in your mod chars are staying in the air a little much.
Otherwise i appreciate your work.

Have a good modding..
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by: YinYin
Been playing stage mode for a few days, just long enough to beat stage 4 on difficult (remember, I play in bullet time). Initial thoughts:
  • Fighting mobs is much more difficult, due to the nerfing of the dash attack, but fighting one guy is still a chore (Firzen and Julian (or Chris and Joe or whatever their names are) are more of a challenge, but still). 3 punches, grab, 9 punches, pick up and throw if you're feeling aggressive, lather rinse repeat.
  • Teleport is still useless; in LF2 I occasionally teleport to friend when I accidentally jump instead of dash and the crowds below are clamoring for my blood, and in PvP teleport+tiger dash is a cute combination, but I think you've made it even more useless. Not your fault.
  • You can get a real juggling act going by spamming projectiles at one guy. Cheap? Increase the knockback so you can't do this? How does LF1 handle this, or is this juggling possible in LF1 as well?
  • If you press Attack while standing over a pick-up-able guy and a weapon, you get the weapon, and the guy goes in the air like he was just released from your grip. Same bug in LF2 when you grab a guy who's on the same spot as another grabbable guy.
  • It doesn't save a recording when you complete a stage. Maybe because there's only one act?
  • You've probably noticed this, but the boomerang looks funny when bouncing after having dropped.
  • Rudolf's head disappears during his flying throw animation.
  • I find the passwords far easier to remember by position (e.g. 1st button, 3rd button, 4th button, 2nd button) than color. Just sayin'.
  • The bats in stage 1 that come before the boss fight can hit the bandits and each other. I only mention this because it's amusing, heh heh.
  • The second last fight before the boss fight in stage 2, where you fight 3 guys, is great! The fight doesn't go the same every time. Ingenuity can produce badass-looking results.
  • Nice job with the stage 2 boss' AI, but he seems not able to pick up items when you're not on the same line as him. He just stands on the item dopily until you enter his line. And he's totally unable to pick up crates and boulders.
  • Deep doesn't seem to know that his sword can shoot. And I think he's trying to do D>A and just ends up defending, not sure.
  • In stage 3, it's so annoying when Rudolf turns invisible as soon as his god-gifted invisiblity runs out. Urgh.
  • ...But not nearly as annoying as Henry right after Rudolf. It seems he continuously shoots arrows while he's beyond the right boundary, slowly inching forward as he does so. I found the best way to wait him out is to stand there defending the arrows until he runs out of mana. One time, when he had already come out of that unreachable area, he summoned a bow (or picked his old one up, don't remember), ran out past the right boundary, and resumed shooting arrows! He just would not come out!!! At that time, I hadn't discovered the trick of exhausting his mana by defending his arrows, so I had to quit. Anyway, I think he should spawn where he can be reached. Unless that causes other problems.
  • Again, love the fight before Firzen/Chris.
  • Firzen/Chris does not seem to run out of mana, and he explodes every time you go near him!! I found the only way I could beat him was to stand at a distance so he summons a yellow ball in his hand, then run up and punch him before he throws it.
  • 3000 health?! What were you thinking? Also, that multi-explosion thing is super cheap (looks like something out of RLF2 or LF3 or whatnot, honestly), I try to keep him low on mana so he doesn't do it.
Thanks given by: The Lost Global Mod , YinYin
Fighting mobs is much more difficult, due to the nerfing of the dash attack, but fighting one guy is still a chore (Firzen and Julian (or Chris and Joe or whatever their names are) are more of a challenge, but still). 3 punches, grab, 9 punches, pick up and throw if you're feeling aggressive, lather rinse repeat.
  • true but that only works on the stupid AI - the smarter one does require some special moves and items to be save when attacking (on full speed (normal human player))
Teleport is still useless; in LF2 I occasionally teleport to friend when I accidentally jump instead of dash and the crowds below are clamoring for my blood, and in PvP teleport+tiger dash is a cute combination, but I think you've made it even more useless. Not your fault.
  • Well I am trying to mimic lf1 behaviour. At about 0:45 I use it to bypass bats. It also works really neat against Julians skulls if you catch him from behind to let him taste his own medicine. (In easy mode at least ._.')
You can get a real juggling act going by spamming projectiles at one guy. Cheap? Increase the knockback so you can't do this? How does LF1 handle this, or is this juggling possible in LF1 as well?
  • Yes. I like this as an alternative to the usual punch+grab+throw+pick+throw. And if you are not playing in bullet time you will screw up or run out of mana at some point. Also I think it should be possible to flip and roll/dash away.
If you press Attack while standing over a pick-up-able guy and a weapon, you get the weapon, and the guy goes in the air like he was just released from your grip. Same bug in LF2 when you grab a guy who's on the same spot as another grabbable guy.
  • problem?
It doesn't save a recording when you complete a stage. Maybe because there's only one act?
  • Hm - I didn't test recordings yet. And I still cannot have stub stages due to henry and deeps special weapons.
You've probably noticed this, but the boomerang looks funny when bouncing after having dropped.
  • yes ._. I've fixed and broke it about 3 times already.
Rudolf's head disappears during his flying throw animation.
  • sh*t happens - I can see the gap in the sprite sheet.
I find the passwords far easier to remember by position (e.g. 1st button, 3rd button, 4th button, 2nd button) than color. Just sayin'.
  • Me too but it's easier to give it to you in a color code with which you have to figure out the position yourself at first.
The bats in stage 1 that come before the boss fight can hit the bandits and each other. I only mention this because it's amusing, heh heh.
  • And a feature not easily implemented - these guys were actually running away from bat. The other stages have similar features with the boss not always being associated with the goons you fight beforehand.
The second last fight before the boss fight in stage 2, where you fight 3 guys, is great! The fight doesn't go the same every time. Ingenuity can produce badass-looking results.
  • Thanks, I wasn't too fond of stage 2 myself.
Nice job with the stage 2 boss' AI, but he seems not able to pick up items when you're not on the same line as him. He just stands on the item dopily until you enter his line. And he's totally unable to pick up crates and boulders.
  • Yeah I wrote it for lf2 und just used it here to make him more interesting as he's missing a special move.
Deep doesn't seem to know that his sword can shoot. And I think he's trying to do D>A and just ends up defending, not sure.
  • yes he doesn't have a special AI yet
In stage 3, it's so annoying when Rudolf turns invisible as soon as his god-gifted invisiblity runs out. Urgh.
  • deal with it!
...But not nearly as annoying as Henry right after Rudolf. It seems he continuously shoots arrows while he's beyond the right boundary, slowly inching forward as he does so. I found the best way to wait him out is to stand there defending the arrows until he runs out of mana. One time, when he had already come out of that unreachable area, he summoned a bow (or picked his old one up, don't remember), ran out past the right boundary, and resumed shooting arrows! He just would not come out!!! At that time, I hadn't discovered the trick of exhausting his mana by defending his arrows, so I had to quit. Anyway, I think he should spawn where he can be reached. Unless that causes other problems.
  • I think I will just make the AI start shooting at a shorter distance so he will move forward first.
Again, love the fight before Firzen/Chris.
  • firen+freeze? This one is actually the most difficult for me to beat.
Firzen/Chris does not seem to run out of mana, and he explodes every time you go near him!! I found the only way I could beat him was to stand at a distance so he summons a yellow ball in his hand, then run up and punch him before he throws it.
  • Yeah some bosses have unlimited mana :D - once he's got a custom AI that makes him smarter I might remove that. But I think fighting against an unlimited mp boss is quite a neat challange so I would rather just decrease his hp to make the fight more epic than frustrating. Also I think it's nice to require a tactic for beating a character in stage mode. Simply to avoid that damage sponge.
3000 health?! What were you thinking? Also, that multi-explosion thing is super cheap (looks like something out of RLF2 or LF3 or whatnot, honestly), I try to keep him low on mana so he doesn't do it.
  • :D - hp will be lowered once the game actually goes on into stage 5 and julian has an AI to make him interesting. And the multisplosion is an exact replica of his lf1 move, weird, but that's the way it is.

thanks a lot
why do you call them chris and joe?
Thanks given by: mfc
If you press Attack while standing over a pick-up-able guy and a weapon, you get the weapon, and the guy goes in the air like he was just released from your grip. Same bug in LF2 when you grab a guy who's on the same spot as another grabbable guy.
  • problem?
    • Yeah problem!: [Image: lf05pickbug.gif] How unfair is that. </whine>

thanks a lot
  • Thank you!

why do you call them chris and joe?
  • I thought they had different names in LF1, and "Chris" and "Joe" are in keeping with Julian's incongruously innocent-sounding name.

By the way, why does weapon attacking kill all your momentum? Is it an LF1 thing?
Thanks given by: Dr. Time
I'm sorry for necroposting, but this project is simply amazing. I always dreamed of doing this when I was younger ever since I learned how to mod LF1, but I was never able to get the game in a window mode for me to rip the sprites. Somebody showed me this project on Facebook and I must say that it is some quality work. It's this kind of work that I look for in mods of LF2, and sadly I must say that I rarely find these kinds of gems.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by: YinYin
Necrobump because I have some info that might be helpful for both the creator and for players if this project is still ongoing.

I played through LF½ recently, and I also recorded some footage for the original LF1 itself.

(turn on annotations & read the description, I left a lot of notes there)

I took the liberty to do a rough damage estimate of all attacks in the game by comparing the number of pixels lost in the 100 pixel HP bar when damage is taken, and then x5 to match up with the LF2 numbers.
Estimated Damage Values & other things: (Click to View)
Julian's big bang damage is way higher in the game than in LF1, because each opointed explosion hits; in LF1 the whole thing counts as a single 100dmg hit.
Palm attacks seem to have a slightly wider z-axis than most attacks.

Other differences from LF1 that aren't noted in this thread yet:
* You actually drop your weapon any time you use a special move.
* You actually cannot jump or run while holding a weapon. Jump is actually the throw button.
* zort said using a weapon kills all momentum. This is accurate to LF1.
* The D>A juggle combo is actually accurate to LF1, its entirely doable but much harder to pull off. However, the cooldown period between each hit is longer than in LF1 than in LF½ and the dvy launches upward a bit more.
* Maximum grab punches in LF1 is 5, not 8, though you can grab longer than you can grab attack. And there seems to be some random chance of getting pushed away.
* Deep's sword is very inaccurate; the fall is not the same(sword, blast & charge), the blast normally doesn't disappear on hit.
* Throws are way further in original LF1. Also, chain throws are really unfair in this mod.
* Teleport facing actually works differently and positions a bit closer on x-axis.
* Now obviously you can't defend in LF1, but I noticed in LF½ that there is no broken_defend, and I checked the data and found out its the same as frame 111...
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE