Poll: Which game did you like most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A-MaYheM (By A-MAN)
16.67%
1 16.67%
Pontul (By Kevin & SonicBoom)
83.33%
5 83.33%
Tank! (By Bamboori)
0%
0 0%
Threads (By Principle variation)
0%
0 0%
The Simple Arena (By LeoGautama)
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[voting]The Game Programmers Contest! (please vote Y'all!)
you linked kevins game in my game dl link :p
Thanks given by: A-Man
So, it was extremely difficult to decide between

Bamboori, Kevin and Principle

Principle:

Game was really cool, nice concept etc. The lack of polish was really distracting though. Having played lots of platformers and tried to make a few I know its a pain in the a** to make it "feel" right, but the game didn't feel right. You're game was really cool, it's a shame that there is a giant gap between a good platformer and an ok one, and going from ok to good is really difficult. See: Limbo, they spent ages getting the animation of that character and controls to "feel" right. I'd say this is my 3rd favourite.

Bamboori:

You're game is really good. I like the style and it all comes together well. I don't like how you can only shoot one bullet at a time, i'd rather it be on an internal timer. I guess that's a design choice and we'll have to agree to disagree. More levels etc would be cool :D. Feels very retro and stuff. Probably my second favourite.

Kevin:
My favourite game. Doesn't look the best etc, but the game concept is just awesome. Network play is a bonus, single player games come and go, but network games get a following. This game has a pretty high ceiling and would probably make for interesting competitive games (until someone figures out how to break it). My favourite.

Was really hard deciding between those 3, I fee like either of those deserves to win, depending on a persons preferences.

LeoGautama:

Sorry man, twin stick shooters on pc must use the mouse. They can't work with keys, they simple rotate too slow and aren't a good control scheme.

A-MAN:

The art style is just too distracting. Art doesn't have to be very complex to be good (see bambooris came which has really simple sprites but looks great etc). I don't think the gameconcept works too well either. Eventually the difficulty level cannot increase any more and it becomes impossible. So you are either stuck on a difficulty that doesn't get harder for eternity and is just about not making a mistake, or the game becomes impossible. Either way, I'm not a fan of either option.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: Bamboori , Kevin
(08-22-2012, 10:32 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  So, it was extremely difficult to decide between

Bamboori, Kevin and Principle

Principle:

Game was really cool, nice concept etc. The lack of polish was really distracting though. Having played lots of platformers and tried to make a few I know its a pain in the a** to make it "feel" right, but the game didn't feel right. You're game was really cool, it's a shame that there is a giant gap between a good platformer and an ok one, and going from ok to good is really difficult. See: Limbo, they spent ages getting the animation of that character and controls to "feel" right. I'd say this is my 3rd favourite.

Bamboori:

You're game is really good. I like the style and it all comes together well. I don't like how you can only shoot one bullet at a time, i'd rather it be on an internal timer. I guess that's a design choice and we'll have to agree to disagree. More levels etc would be cool :D. Feels very retro and stuff. Probably my second favourite.

Kevin:
My favourite game. Doesn't look the best etc, but the game concept is just awesome. Network play is a bonus, single player games come and go, but network games get a following. This game has a pretty high ceiling and would probably make for interesting competitive games (until someone figures out how to break it). My favourite.

Was really hard deciding between those 3, I fee like either of those deserves to win, depending on a persons preferences.

LeoGautama:

Sorry man, twin stick shooters on pc must use the mouse. They can't work with keys, they simple rotate too slow and aren't a good control scheme.

A-MAN:

The art style is just too distracting. Art doesn't have to be very complex to be good (see bambooris came which has really simple sprites but looks great etc). I don't think the gameconcept works too well either. Eventually the difficulty level cannot increase any more and it becomes impossible. So you are either stuck on a difficulty that doesn't get harder for eternity and is just about not making a mistake, or the game becomes impossible. Either way, I'm not a fan of either option.
@Bamboori: Sorry man, fixed it. Your a V.I.P member. I guess you can edit other peoples vote, am I wrong?

Now this is a vote! (the only valid one here). But still a moderator won't come and delete these first invalid votes... Can any moderator do this please?

@Silva: thank you for following the rules and thanks for the comments :). Pretty much appreciated.
And about the difficulty doesn't change thingy: You probably didn't play enough. The game starts to go more entertaining as you go through the levels. The first 2 levels background is plain and simple. 3, 4 got a super distracting background. 5 and 6 looks more like a tunnel. 7 and 8 got a background color which is the same as the vehicles color (crimson) and that makes it harder as you can only see the "glass" and the "jets". Level 9 and 10 got a simple animated background, however the border is bouncy; deflects you when you touch them and this make it a lot harder. So yeah, "Eventually the difficulty level cannot increase any more and it becomes impossible". And btw, i beat the game.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(08-23-2012, 06:18 AM)A-MAN Wrote:  @Silva: thank you for following the rules and thanks for the comments :). Pretty much appreciated.
And about the difficulty doesn't change thingy: You probably didn't play enough. The game starts to go more entertaining as you go through the levels. The first 2 levels background is plain and simple. 3, 4 got a super distracting background. 5 and 6 looks more like a tunnel. 7 and 8 got a background color which is the same as the vehicles color (crimson) and that makes it harder as you can only see the "glass" and the "jets". Level 9 and 10 got a simple animated background, however the border is bouncy; deflects you when you touch them and this make it a lot harder. So yeah, "Eventually the difficulty level cannot increase any more and it becomes impossible". And btw, i beat the game.

I played up to stage 4 and died. I guess you are right and I should've kept playing. I thought all you did to increase difficulty was to make it faster and faster and that the game had no end. If you did that then it would eventually become impossible, I guess that part of my criticism is less valid since you increased difficulty by changing mechanics rather than only increasing speed. Still, given what I know now I'd still vote for Kevin, so I guess no harm no foul.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

nope, i cannot edit any votes or anything :p vip only makes you look fancy and lets you see more
Thanks given by:
@Guys playing my game: don't blame me about the graphics. I did my super best right there. I didn't want to team up (I hate depending on people on small projects that can be finished within less than a month or 2).

@Dear generous, Mr.Moderator: Please edit that poll.. I don't want to spam you with my pm's. So please do something!
@people who are voting here: The only valid vote here is Silva's. Read the first post to know why.

Thanks given by:
A moderator change the poll or at least restart it please? Is there anything wring with asking for that? cuz it seems like moderators are ignoring me here.

Thanks given by:
simply report your thread ;D
Alright alright, the poll was reset again (Super thanks for the Moderator who did it). It will last for 15 days from now. Please vote (make sure you play all the games to make your voting fair).
First post reminder (Click to View)
[spoiler=Participant 2(Mr.Kevin teaming up with Sonic Boom): Pantul!]
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?89nne68ohz27e98
Controls and discribtion: Explained here:
[Image: 1z3z1ae.jpg]
Screeshots:
A vid:

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Participant 3(Qwertz guy): None]
Dismissed: no entry
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Participant 4(Funky-boori): Tanks!]
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?hqi3nyznue4w96b
Controls:Arrow key to move around. Space to shoot.
Discribtion: If you love the classic Ol' games you used to play long time ago (or maybe fan of 'em?) You will definitely like this game. Control your tank and move through dozens of other enemy tanks and destroy them with your shooting.
Screeshots:
[Image: screen11.png]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Participant 5(Principle Focus): Threads]
Download link: http://vufa.tdsb.on.ca/~zong/media/threads.html
Controls: Move using WASD and create threads using the mouse
Discribtion: Place the block(s) over the switch(s) to unlock the door and pass. To do this, you will have to manipulate your thread power and use them wisely to walk on em, or push blocks above them as a way.
Screeshots:
[Image: xlxx4.png]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Participant 6(TigerGautama): The Simple Arena]
Download link: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/600715
Controls:
- Arrow keys to move
- Z and X to rotate
- Hold C to fire
- Press A, S and D to use Active Weapons when available once you bought them.
Discribtion: Description about The Simple Arena? It's simple. There are enemies, and there's you. You kill the enemies and win. But is that all? With a slightly complicated controls, 27 upgrades, 30 kinds of enemies including 10 bosses and 50 levels, things aren't going to be so simple. Can you make your way to beat the final boss, Ultimateshooter?
There's also the Enemy Info feature to access descriptions of enemies you can encounter, and also a secret bonus feature... locked until you win the last level.
Screeshots:
[Image: UGFbF.png]
[/spoiler]

Poll will be set for 15 days.
If any participant want to change/add something in his description or screen shots please let me know and i will change it. (Nobody did write his own (except for Leo), so i wrote 'em by my self.

Please vote honestly here.

Rule: Every voter will have to state comments about each game and what made him/her picked that as the best. Other wise, their vote won't be counted
Regards,
A-MAN[/spoiler]

Rule: Every voter will have to state comments about each game and what made him/her picked that as the best. Other wise, their vote won't be counted

@Silva: Please vote for the one whom you voted for before the poll was reset.

Happy and fair voting Y'all!

Thanks given by:
A-MAN u did another mistake by Typing Pontul instead Of Pantul -_-
Thanks given by: