Poll: Which game did you like most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A-MaYheM (By A-MAN)
16.67%
1 16.67%
Pontul (By Kevin & SonicBoom)
83.33%
5 83.33%
Tank! (By Bamboori)
0%
0 0%
Threads (By Principle variation)
0%
0 0%
The Simple Arena (By LeoGautama)
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[voting]The Game Programmers Contest! (please vote Y'all!)
Well, I guess this is the first programming contest to succeed by making it this far. We all (as participants), did our best to make it go this way, and the rest is between the palms of your hands. All what we wish you to do is, download each game, play each of them for some time (don't be lazy, we were coding, you'll just be playing :D). After playing each of the games for time which is enough for you to judge the game, base your voting for the best in your opinion. Don't worry about bugs and incomplete things, please vote for what is there. Here are the entry's in this contest, please vote for the best in your opinion:

[spoiler=Participant 1(A-Dude): A-MaYheM]
Download link: https://hotfile.com/dl/168312867/37d662c...M.rar.html
Controls:
Left, Right = Go left and right
Space = Shoot laser
Hold Space = Charged shoot
Hold Space + Up = A-Barrier
Down = Turn the A-Barrier off
F1 = Pause
Backspace = Go back between the menus
Description and explanation
The game is pretty simple, yet entertaining. You play with this A-Vehicle on different 10 levels. All what you have to do is survive by evading the obstacles in your way or destroying them(if possible). You got a laser beam on this vehicle which can be charged to form a stronger shot. You can also form an energy barrier by reforming the energy charged into the surface of your vehicle. This barrier will reduce the damage you take when you hit the obstacles in your way. The levels tactics change (not only the speed) as you go through higher levels. For example, the first 2 stages are fairly plain and all what you have to care about is evading the different kind of blocks (they are 5 types). Stage no. 3 and 4 got a super distracting animated stage. Stage no.5 and 6 got a tunnel like background....etc. Not to also forget the presence of the "A-Zone". This appears when you are at the end of each stage and it makes the time go fast!; more exciting and harder!. Here are some screenshots of the game:
Screeshots: [Image: screen10.png][Image: aasdf10.png]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Participant 2(Mr.Kevin teaming up with Sonic Boom): Pantul!]
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?89nne68ohz27e98
Controls and discribtion: Explained here:
[Image: 1z3z1ae.jpg]
Screeshots:
A vid:

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Participant 3(Qwertz guy): None]
Dismissed: no entry
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Participant 4(Funky-boori): Tanks!]
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?hqi3nyznue4w96b
Controls:Arrow key to move around. Space to shoot.
Discribtion: If you love the classic Ol' games you used to play long time ago (or maybe fan of 'em?) You will definitely like this game. Control your tank and move through dozens of other enemy tanks and destroy them with your shooting.
Screeshots:
[Image: screen11.png]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Participant 5(Principle Focus): Threads]
Download link: http://vufa.tdsb.on.ca/~zong/media/threads.html
Controls: Move using WASD and create threads using the mouse
Discribtion: Place the block(s) over the switch(s) to unlock the door and pass. To do this, you will have to manipulate your thread power and use them wisely to walk on em, or push blocks above them as a way.
Screeshots:
[Image: xlxx4.png]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Participant 6(TigerGautama): The Simple Arena]
Download link: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/600715
Controls:
- Arrow keys to move
- Z and X to rotate
- Hold C to fire
- Press A, S and D to use Active Weapons when available once you bought them.
Discribtion: Description about The Simple Arena? It's simple. There are enemies, and there's you. You kill the enemies and win. But is that all? With a slightly complicated controls, 27 upgrades, 30 kinds of enemies including 10 bosses and 50 levels, things aren't going to be so simple. Can you make your way to beat the final boss, Ultimateshooter?
There's also the Enemy Info feature to access descriptions of enemies you can encounter, and also a secret bonus feature... locked until you win the last level.
Screeshots:
[Image: UGFbF.png]
[/spoiler]

Poll will be set for 15 days.
If any participant want to change/add something in his description or screen shots please let me know and i will change it. (Nobody did write his own (except for Leo), so i wrote 'em by my self.

Please vote honestly here.

Rule: Every voter will have to state comments about each game and what made him/her picked that as the best. Other wise, their vote won't be counted
Regards,
A-MAN
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Bamboori , Rhino.Freak , John Fighterli
voted.. and yaayy free new games! XD
Thanks given by: A-Man
thanks for that description :D
Thanks given by:
You're welcome man!.
@People who are playing my game(A-MaYheM): Make sure that the volume is on. Cuz the music is awesome!(F-Zero).

Thanks given by:
Music?
My team don't get any bonus for creating the whole sprite and composing the whole musics ourselves? :P . If so, I would have regretted to not have taken the amazing songs from touhou (i.e. Reach for the Moon - Immortal Smoke, Fall of Fall - Autumnal Waterfall, tamusic's remix on Phantom Ensemble, omg... the atmosphere of my game would have changed much!)
And hey, I teamed up with Sonic Boom, he made the sprites ;D for the new cool skin, so would you please add Sonic Boom next to Mr. Kevin?

I worked hard to make the game playable ONLINE so I hope to win :P (it was so much problem.. both players keep seeing different things on the screen -___-, but now it's fixed!). And if you want to try my game with me (since it's online multiplayer), my Skype is kevincentius, or you can meet me in Hamachi in these networks: Pantul 1, Pantul 2, etc. no password.

In case you just want to test the game, you can connect to yourself by opening two windows ^__^ and leave the IP address empty. TIPS: Press M to toggle between musics.

Also, I voted for myself :P . Actually I just wanted to see how many votes currently are for each contestants. If you don't want to count my vote, -1 for me?
TEMPE
Thanks given by: Sonic Boom , John Fighterli
(08-22-2012, 02:41 PM)Kevin Wrote:  Music?
My team don't get any bonus for creating the whole sprite and composing the whole musics ourselves? :P . If so, I would have regretted to not have taken the amazing songs from touhou (i.e. Reach for the Moon - Immortal Smoke, Fall of Fall - Autumnal Waterfall, tamusic's remix on Phantom Ensemble, omg... the atmosphere of my game would have changed much!)
And hey, I teamed up with Sonic Boom, he made the sprites ;D for the new cool skin, so would you please add Sonic Boom next to Mr. Kevin?

I worked hard to make the game playable ONLINE so I hope to win :P (it was so much problem.. both players keep seeing different things on the screen -___-, but now it's fixed!). And if you want to try my game with me (since it's online multiplayer), my Skype is kevincentius, or you can meet me in Hamachi in these networks: Pantul 1, Pantul 2, etc. no password.

In case you just want to test the game, you can connect to yourself by opening two windows ^__^ and leave the IP address empty. TIPS: Press M to toggle between musics.

Also, I voted for myself :P . Actually I just wanted to see how many votes currently are for each contestants. If you don't want to count my vote, -1 for me?

Voting for self is not permitted, but since you did that hard work with the music its alright. :D (though i didn't say anything about you should make your music by yourself)
I got 2 computers. I will play it with my brother later :)

Thanks given by:
You made a huge mistake.

...Well, maybe not that huge, but it's problem for me.
You wrote the link for Threads in the spoiler for my game instead for my game...

Here's the link for my game, please fix it:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/600715

Btw, the game's called The Simple Arena.
Lucky I checked this thread before many people voted.
aka Verdusk

I don't have a sicknature

LF2 SurGen (survival stage generator!)
Thanks given by:
I am really sorry man. Fixed it. But still: Some Moderator Please change the poll Choice "Shooter (By LeoGautama)" to "The Simple Arena (By LeoGautama)". Hope i didn't make anymore mistakes :(. But still, People are not doing it right... 2 people have voted already (excluding Kevin), and they didn't notice these errors... This shows that people are not trying the games, but vote according to their..... 6th sense?. Seriously people, that not how its supposed to be. From now on, every voter will have to state comments about each game and what made him/her picked that as the best. Other wise, their vote won't be counted. I know this is making it harder, but more fair. We all (as participants) put too much effort in our games. So please do your best as voters to do everything possible to make this fair; try all the games. Don't judge a book from its cover. And it goes more far for games. So yeah, an admin please, reset this poll... (don't worry Kevin, vot for your self again :))

Thanks given by:
(08-22-2012, 05:51 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  Hope i didn't make anymore mistakes :(.

Your game link to A-mayhem doesn't work.
Just waiting for the audio tags to become a thing
>My other musical "masterpieces"<
Thanks given by: A-Man
You're THE MAN! Thanx a lot man. Fixed it now. But this is really frustrating, the way people are voting.... Anyways, please everyone, don't vote until an Admin resets this damn poll.

Thanks given by: