Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI book
[] 
This is a request from me to those who know th script AI better.
Please! Create an AI book which explains almost every thing about AI coding (like datachanging book) as many new comers including me are facing problems.
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2012, 07:06 AM)davis60 Wrote:  many new comers including me are facing problems.
one cannot help with problems he does not know - just saying you need help because you just cant do it wont get you any help because we do not know what you are having problems with

the only problem i could see so far is this one: you do not try things
you already seem to give up as soon as reading about it becomes too boring or you see example scripts you do not understand

but nobody can inject you the required information - you have to eat it yourself

so i suggest you better start to copy some of the simple example scripts that are there - run them in the game and observe what they make the character do

and then start to alter them - change them - and observe again what your changes do in game

and only if you have already tried this and you keep getting errors inside the console or things dont act the way you would expect them to you can start posting about these problems here:
post the code
describe what you wanted it to do
describe what happens instead

thats something we can help with

(08-19-2012, 07:06 AM)davis60 Wrote:  "datachanging book"
what are you referring to with that?
it would really help as a reference as to what it should look like
Thanks given by:
he was referring to that at the top there http://www.lf-empire.de/en/lf2-empire/da...-tutorials
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
yeah he pmed it to me
but its just a collection of tutorials and writing one tutorial is all i can do

to improve mine i need to know what it may be missing
Thanks given by: