Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mp tag and hit_d
Hello LFE people,
I want to make a move that depends on the mp. For example, if you got less than 400 mp, you perform a punch. If its 400, you perform another super punch. I read once in a tut that if u have a negative mp value, it will be used normally. However, if the mp is not fine (less than needed), it goes to the frame number in the hit_d of that frame. Well, its not working that way. That negative mp is gained and the super punch happens. Why is that? please help.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
thats because this only works after next:
not in a first frame activated by a button
Thanks given by: A-Man
I did what you said, but still not working properly:
    DC-Code:
<frame> 149 sadfsadf
   pic: 183  next: 150  state: 3  wait: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 59  centery: 159  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
<frame_end>

<frame> 150 sadfsadf

pic: 183  next: 151  state: 3  wait: 5  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 59  centery: 159  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 60  hit_j: 0 mp: -500

<frame_end>

<frame> 151 sadfsadf

pic: 184  next: 152  state: 15  wait: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 59  centery: 159  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0

itr:

kind: 0  x: -5000000  y: 50000   w: 10000000  h: 500  effect: 0 vrest: 9 zwidth: 10000 injury: 1 bdefend: 100

itr_end:

<frame_end>

<frame> 152 sadfsadf

pic: 184  next: 153  state: 15  wait: 6  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 59  centery: 159  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0

<frame_end>

<frame> 153 sadfsadf

pic: 185  next: 154  state: 15  wait: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 59  centery: 159  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0

<frame_end>

<frame> 154 sadfsadf

pic: 186  next: 999  state: 15  wait: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 59  centery: 159  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0

<frame_end>

What happens now is that the mp bar decreases normally. However, it also decreases under limit (below 0!!). And then all the hit_a, hit_d, hit_j stops working until the mp bar returns to normal (0 and above). What did i do wrong?

Thanks given by:
nothing - this is how it works

if you detract that much mp at once with this it will get negative and also stay negative until you perform a normal punch which resets it to 0
everything else is blocked till that point

do you have any basic attack open you could use for this (a dash attack like louis' thunder punch)?
because an alternate move works a lot better there and doesn't even require negative mp
Thanks given by:
Yeah. I don't use the dash attack and its frames. Can you please tell me how should i do it?

Thanks given by:
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=806

keep in mind that the dash attack might possibly only be available from a state 5 frame which is moving forward (the characters facing direction)
because if you move backward in a state 5 you go to the backdash frames which dont allow a dash attack
Thanks given by: A-Man