Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misconceptions you had as a child
(08-04-2012, 06:43 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
(08-04-2012, 02:09 AM)Azriel Wrote:  i thought older people were always smart

i thought adults were always smart ...

I thought smart people weren't so condescending.
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock
I thought I'm smarter than adults and older people.
Thanks given by:
when i was little, i thought that every people from all over the world is from the same country as me.
Once group of my friends and i have armed ourselfs with toy gun and go in some places to kill some monsters, but there was none.
Useful
Thanks given by:
When i was little(first grade i think) i was getting back from school with my friends. On our way we saw an old house. On the upper window the house had a letter, a rose and a potato. Now we thought that the potato was a witch pointing at us. So we got some rocks and we started throwing them at "the witch". We even broke the window. After a lot of thrown rocks we realised that it was just a potato and continued to walk home. That happened a lot of time ago but we still wonder what were the rose and the letter doing there... Thinking
[Image: double-jump-YinYin-base-1.gif]
This is an inspiration from:
-YinYin's Character Development guide, to be more specific i took one of those bases.
-Urban Rivals' clan Skeelz, I took their uniform
I hope it's good. ^^
when i was small i never slept at the corner of my bed i thought a hand will come and snatch me the solution was to cut the legs of my bed hahahahahah
haahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha..........

Need more ppl who can sprite backgrounds and weapons
Our TLOK Mod Site: http://legendofkorralf2.shivtr.com/
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2012, 02:06 PM)Kashif Wrote:  when i was small i never slept at the corner of my bed i thought a hand will come and snatch me the solution was to cut the legs of my bed hahahahahah
HAHAha. I had a similar one. I always thought that there is a kind of a reaper above the drawer at one corner of the room. He waits till night and attacks. Because of that, I alway cover myself fully with the blanket.
I also had others like:
My brother used to check if i was awake or not by saying: "the sleeping fox raise his leg" And if i am pretending to be asleep, I raise it like an idiot.
I thought i was a ninja, lol. I lied to myself and i believed that lie. lol

[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Kashif
I always thought that the dead & skinny (wtf) tree outside my bedroom was some sort of ghost and it would come to haunt me every monday night. So I used to stay awake all night. After thinking that I had enough, I went outside and after identifying the 'ghost', I chopped it off with a hatchet. Now I am OK.
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by:
Monday?? Why only Monday?
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
I Dunno. Just that sort of thought came to be and ye. My brain overclocks itself sometimes.
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by: Kashif
I thought everything on my computer was made by my father (well, in fact there were a few programs my father wrote for his business). Well, I started playing Tetris and Chess on computer since I was 4-5 years old ahahaha because it's one of the only few games on my computer at that time. But Chess became one half of my life until I went to junior high school.

I remembered it starts from me figuring out what I should do in Chess! I played against computer player, and figured out everything except castling, en passant, AND
ahahaha.. how Knights move. I thought, the computer player is cheating, because my Knights don't seem to be able to move at all, but how the heck my opponent plays his Knights!!! so cheap! (well, I don't know that the piece is called 'Knight' at that time though, I just know the picture)

Then I don't remember this very well, but my dad told me, so I know. I once challenged my dad in chess. At first he refused (well because obviously I will lose). I only remember my dad saying 'chess is difficult' and 'are you OK if you lose?' and well, I remember we played a few times and I lost, but I had so much fun.

Until I realized, hee my dad also cheats! Means he moved his knights! Oo.. later he explained how knights move and also how castling works and I tried in on the computer and it worked.

Well for the years after I was serious in chess, but a funny thing is that when I was young I couldn't stop an 'evil smile' on my face when I have some trick on mind.. my.. it just warns the opponent ._.

But back then, I believed chess is everything, school is less important, and homeworks don't have to be made (heck! I remember being punished nearly everyday, but I didn't stop leaving my homeworks undone.. somehow I graduated just fine, even though with terrible scores)
TEMPE
Thanks given by: A-Man , Sonic Boom , Bamboori , LutiChris