Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
403 Forbiden
? 
When I tried to open lfe forum it kept on going to 403 FOrbiden page.But now it works.Does anybody know why that happend

Thanks given by: Shaoody
Yeah, that happened to me too. I was not able to open the mainsite and the forum so I turned off my PC and turned it on again and restablished the connection and it worked. 'Port80' was also written there.
Thanks given by: Dominate , electric.shock , Shaoody
+1, a while only tho
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
Mmmh, that's one of the things I don't have any influence upon. You can think of websites in some sort of layers (ordered by availablity to public and simplified to keep it semi-short):
  • Front End (ex: this thread. Anybody can see it)
  • Back end (Admin control panel, where admins can set user-permissions, page-layouts, etc)
  • FTP-level (direct access to each file. It is similar to what you find in your personal folder on your computer). Anything below this is inaccessable for me.
  • Root level: This is the place that stores multiple user's folders (so basically a whole drive on a (shared) computer). This is what the host-provider is in charge of. If the server breaks down, all "user folders" will be inaccessible. Same applies when the server goes in maintenance-mode and forbides you to access any of its data. Which is exactly what probably happened there.

Generally, if you see white pages that say stuff like "403 - Forbidden", "500 - Internal Server Error", etc., it has to do with the host serving LFE, not with your computer. Can't really fix that. Sorry.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Dominate , electric.shock