Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liking(+ -...)
Man, I think this is already closed. Sinow will kill yah >D. The best thing in this community is its simplicity. So please, stop trying to convert this place to another assbook/faceass (wat ever they call it)

Simoneon edited this post 06-11-2012 03:32 PM because:
I doubt Sinow could kill you.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
@Azriel, what have i done?
I don't understand what you meant.
@Marko, thanks for thanking me.
Life is like a bicycle; to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Thanks given by:
np problem...
You say my OPININON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you then put + and - to vote do we like post.(you can be valm)
Somethings like this!!
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 03:21 AM)Marko pro Wrote:  Can you then put + and - to vote do we like post.(you can be valm)
Somethings like this!!
Eh, isn't that essentially the same as "like/dislike"? Because it awfully sounds like it. And I am not too keen on implementing this. Also, related:
(06-11-2012, 10:45 AM)YinYin Wrote:  nobody cares about how many people had a certain feeling or thought about a post such as liking/hating/happy/sad/thoughtful/idontevenknow - no need to have a button and yet another row listing members below a post

If you disagree with a post (-), communicate it by writing a response telling why you dislike it. If you agree (+), either just dish out a thanks or write a response communicating why you find it positive. And it auto-boosts your post-count as well. Isn't that awesome?
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Gespenst , A-Man
This reminds me of the "Agree"-button, and the infamous "Eggpire"-button.

@on-topic:
Disliking doesn't really provide anything useful, since if I were to click it, you wouldn't have recieved any information on why I didn't like it, thus making it useless.

For those of you who don't know, I created some code you could put in your sig, and "magically" an extra button would appear, below your posts.
It messed up the forum layout though, so I had to remove it.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
^ that logic goes for thank button too, this is why i most of the time write a post after i thanked somebody
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 09:33 AM)The Lost Global Mod Wrote:  ^ that logic goes for thank button too
In some cases yes, but in other cases it does help.

If a person entirely agrees, he could write "I agree" in a new post, but anything else than that would be pretty much dead weight, basically creating a useless post.
Thanks, does however provide a simpler way to do this, and thus in an ideal scenario, every post would have some tasty meat in it. (don't really know why I chose those words)
The end result would be a cleaner forum with more useful information.

With dislike, however there isn't really a way to make the dislike itself useful (as far as I know, could be mistaken).
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
No,that not awful,that simple way to show all members think in together(mean +-).
I just saw that people are lazy to thanks.Example:see my thanks given and your,you will saw big differents.I can bet that you have your opinion for every thread but you wasnt "thank".Why because you and other people are selfish?You dont want to thank some post of new members because you dont belive them or whatever ressons is.(prejudice)(ofc if you agreed with him)
and i still think that +- are good idea.
And your opinion will be anonymous.Nobody shouldnt see that.
Thanks given by:
i´m one of the people who rarely give thanks, but not because i´m selfish. for me the "thanks" button has only one meaning:
thank you for the helping post.
posts like: "cool, i like your sprite" are not helpful! therefore i wont give thanks.
if someone give me some helpful advice/tips or critics i gladly give thanks, but thats rarely the case, what i only see are flattery and spam.

the same post can be helpful for you, but maybe not for me. therefore you´ll give more thanks than me, its only natural that everyone has his own vision of helpful post and not helpful post. but please dont blame other for not thanking.
Thanks given by: Som1Lse , professional DCer
(06-12-2012, 07:32 PM)Marko pro Wrote:  Why because you and other people are selfish?
I like how you instantly jump to conclusions.

Anyway, one reason I haven't given many thanks is, that I haven't been very active for along time. When I first registered there was no thanks button, and there wasn't for a long time. And even when it was introduced I didn't notice it for a long time.
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: