Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[2.2]Programmable AI via scripting
(03-29-2016, 08:21 AM)makfighter@lf.in Wrote:  Ran lf2.exe to start the game ddraw.dll was deleted by antivirus in my laptop.

Threat detected - WS.Reputation.1

I think it is not safe link if you don't have a good antivirus installed in your laptop/desktop.
Firstly, WS.Reputation.1 is not a type of virus like a Trojan or a Worm, but an indication that a program might be malicious due to only a small percentage of Symantec/Norton's customers using it, and possible other heuristics[1]. Take a look at virustotal's report for the program (https://virustotal.com/en/file/8ee24475f...459255100/) and you will see that no other antivirus software reports anything for the file.

Secondly, the source code is open. You can download it and verify for yourself that it is not malicious, and people with programming experience in the community have done so already.

I would recommend reading this on how to make Norton shut up on this topic if you wish to use the software: http://www.ghacks.net/2012/06/25/how-to-...-1-system/
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: A-Man
My thanks to SomeoneElse's post is for confirmation. I haven't really combed through the source, but I could tell from what I've read in parts relevant to the injection process that there's nothing malicious with it here. Antiviruses just tend to get extra-cautious with injectors in general (as they're potentially harmful). Furthermore, upon looking up "WS.Reputation.1", the mother site explicitly mentions that it's only the antivirus being careful because "people don't usually go change the extension of their .txt files to .exe extension" (that being one case which would trigger the warning).
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
https://virustotal.com/en/file/f17e1d9ee...5/analysis

On a completely unrelated topic to AI, but related to false positives, the dll framework is detected by 13 antiviruses! :(
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
why DDrawRelease and DDrawDebug both call ddraw.dll?= =
Thanks given by:
Why do you care so much about the file name? You can anyway use only one at time.

The file has to be named ddraw.dll, for system to load it up automatically. DirectDraw api will load it up by default, if you change the name it won't start up and you would have to find a different way (most likely modding exe file) to pin it to the game.
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2017, 04:22 PM)mrsmallbee Wrote:  why DDrawRelease and DDrawDebug both call ddraw.dll?= =
Because the entire thing relies on the dll being called ddraw.dll, because that is what LF2 looks for. If we could have called it whatever we wanted we would have called it lf2ai.dll or something.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: