Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane's Attempts at Spriting and Shane's Horrible Art Attempts
Okay, seeing as respriting stuff seems to have been a stupid idea here, I decided, why not use it for any pixel sprites and art and stuff like that?
So, I decided to bump my old Art Section thread, and post the pixel sprites.

Original Post (Click to View)

EDIT:
I may be a horrible spriter, but I've got to work on that, right? :P
I hope nobody minds me accidentally killing them with spriting attempts =P
The truth... is inescapable. The truth will always come out eventually, no matter what. And once the chains that bind the truth are severed... nothing can stop the truth from coming to light.
Thanks given by:
it makes impossible to make a judgment since the sprites are very small and there is no original to compare.
Thanks given by: The Lost Global Mod , Gad , Sonic Boom , Shane
(05-24-2012, 07:39 AM)JustMe Wrote:  it makes impossible to make a judgment since the sprites are very small and there is no original to compare.
You're right.

Anyway, sorry for bumping this thread, but I decided to convert it into a pixel art-thing. Yeah, the sprites are very small, because if I make them larger it will look funny and fixing that would take time, and then I probably will forget about this thread.
But I'll try to do something about that when I get the chance.

Anyway:
Something from my Shane's Cave Story mod for Cave Story:
The truth... is inescapable. The truth will always come out eventually, no matter what. And once the chains that bind the truth are severed... nothing can stop the truth from coming to light.
Thanks given by:
You only changed their cap and cloths's color. That's all.
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2012, 10:07 AM)davis60 Wrote:  You only changed their cap and cloths's color. That's all.
No, that's not all, there are differences too, it's just hard to see due to the size.
The only easy way that I can think of to see it easier is by right-clicking on it, clicking Save Picture As, saving it as something (whatever the name of it is) and then opening it in Paint and enlarging it to 800% using the magnifying glass. That's all that I can think of for Windows, and it'll probably get very annoying. I don't know about Macs, and I don't know about other web browsers, since I use Internet Explorer.

I can't promise anything but I'll try to do something about the size when I get the chance, without letting it look glitched or anything.
Thanks given by:
:[ 
I truly do apologize for digging my own grave here and using necromancy on this thread. And double posting: my sincere apologies for that.
I figured I should try to do some spriting again, this time a bit larger than usual.
Guess I reached my spriting limits, though, because this is the best I can do (for now).
And this is the best I could to to not let them seem too small.

The pics I'm about to post contain characters and entities and stuff from my Cave Story mods, if you're wondering.
[Image: 1-130413211024-181802.png] (Six characters from Hope of Shané: Frost. At the top is Sousuke Sagara from the anime Full Metal Panic, Reverie from the visual novel Planetarian, and an antagonist. Below them are Charlotte from Cave Story Re:coded, Sparkle and the Purple Karjam, who is a character that KarjamP allowed me to use in the mod.)
[Image: 1-130413211023-14681.png] (Shane, Erin and Kim from Shane's Cave Story / Dragon Riders - in a rainy place.)
[Image: 1-130413211024-16155.png] (My current avatar - the protagonists from Cave Story Re:coded, Charlotte and Serenity, are fighting each other.)
[Image: 1-130413211024-172101.png] (A taller Curly Brace battles Serenity from CS Re:coded. Apparently robots can grow just like humans can o_O )
[Image: 5-190413011927-201887.png] (Just a minor test; apparently setting people on fire is a bad idea but whatever. Yes, the flying guy in white has blank white eyes of shock. :P)
[Image: 1-130413211024-192410.png] (Zexion, long-haired Shané and short-haired Shané, from Hope of Shané: Frost - yes, they're all wielding Keyblades and are standing on small platforms floating in the middle of the sky.)
Thanks given by:
I see that you are big cave story fan:)
can you try draw lf2 chars in cave story style?
Useful
Thanks given by: Shane
[Image: 1-230513213144-3040.png]
At request of Taylor (an admin at all three of my forums), I sprited this sometime before 17 May (and only got to uploading it recently).
I myself don't understand what's going on here, though... ^_^"

[Image: 1-230513213142-27157.png]
Also at the request of Taylor, but this time something simpler (thankfully).
The character is Robyn Black, she's from my Cave Story mods. She wields the O-Blade of Light, Oathkeeper, and the O-Blade of Darkness, Oblivion.
(Yes, I know those are the names of Keyblades in Kingdom Hearts. The "O-Blades" are a set of 26 swords with names starting with an "O".)

(05-01-2013, 07:23 AM)EXG9 Wrote:  I see that you are big cave story fan:)
can you try draw lf2 chars in cave story style?
Don't tell anyone outside these forums, but I will try that for a spriting contest at another forum. ;)
I plan on doing Henry first, so that I can know if I am able to sprite LF2 characters in the style of Cave Story.
Thanks given by: