Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
missing censorship
dunno if it is an improvement i am suggesting or if it is a bug in the existing censorship tool, in any case a mod can move this if he has a different opinion about the whereabouts.

anyways stuff like:
f*****
sh****
sh**** (who would use that anyways?)
sh****
f*****
sh****

does not get censored (as you can see, not anymore thanks ;D), that's not much but I think you get what i mean, it's probably only the tip of the iceburg.
alas, i think i have given Mr. Azriel enough reason to ban me for a week :P
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
Your post looks lovely.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
i like to see the stars.
Thanks given by:
i don't
Thanks given by:
shiny nights, must seem cruel to you.
Thanks given by: YinYin
i have no problem with stars
more so with black bars and beeps plastered over peoples mouths pretending to be stars obscuring the sentences being said while never being able to do this to every possibly harmful word in existence and also not being able to draw a clear line between harmful and still ok

also do auto censored words still allow a warning? or is it as if one has never typed these words out? after all everyone can still see or at least guess what the person means (something 'harmful')
Thanks given by:
well, clearly I get what you mean. But looking at posts with a lot of swearing in them, is not nice either.
for drawing a line between what's harmful and what not that's actually pretty clear to me:
harmless stuff: such as words like idiot, stupid etc is just childs play and is harmless in my opinion (ofc nobody wants to be called an idiot but it's harmless compared to the rest), also we would have to censor 90% of silva's posts then, would look, well rather awkward i think.
harmful stuff: such as words like f***, a**, sh*t, stuff concerning one's mum, dad etc just getting to much into one's private life.

what i actually wanted to say: of course, there is always a better way to express your opinion about someone, than using such words (even the word idiot in this case) but you can't forbid people to use those words, thus forum-software in general gives admins the option to "censor" certain words, so people can say what they want, but it's not that clearly shown, which gives a misguided vision i admit, because the word is still there, but it's less harmful when it's censored, in the general opinion of the public.

I can only speak for myself, but I clearly don't warn somebody when the word is already censored. However we have one rather extreme global moderator on this subject, namely Az - oh you so deadly- Azriel he might answer your question differently. I actually hope he replies to your post as well, as I want to see his opinion on this too.
Thanks given by: YinYin