Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #19: Spriting Challenge
can i give a new entry
haahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha..........

Need more ppl who can sprite backgrounds and weapons
Our TLOK Mod Site: http://legendofkorralf2.shivtr.com/
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2012, 03:48 PM)Kashif Wrote:  can i give a new entry
(05-05-2012, 06:28 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  ...you can switch entries as often as you want; regardless if it's due to an improvement over the old one or to submit something totally new. Just make clear which is your final entry as only 1 will be able to enter the contest...
tl;dr: yes.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Kashif
will the voting/poll be anon as well?
Thanks given by:
i do hope so, it would make it even more fun, if you have to guess who's sprite is it. Also people might be more objective, though for some you can guess because of their unique style. Ah it's a hassle.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2012, 11:23 AM)YinYin Wrote:  will the voting/poll be anon as well?

Yes, only the sprites will be put up, the names will be revealed after closing that poll.

Thanks given by:
thats not what i meant actually as this is obvious

i am talking about the votes
Thanks given by:
Quote:Well It doesn't hurt to try.

I submitted my entry even though I'm not gonna go far considering to what masterpieces other spriters make.
I think you will be my rival!

[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(06-01-2012, 05:07 PM)YinYin Wrote:  i am talking about the votes
why so keen on that? I understand that when votes are taken anonymously, nobody can be blamed and be questioned as to why they voted for participant xyz. That might save a lot of trouble, dealing with people who currently are not able to understand when someone dear to them might not vote for them. However doesn't this also camouflage people who vote for themselves (which i think to be by any means pitiful, or arrogant when you really think yours is the best)?

I might overthink it and you just want to know if this is done, but do not enforce it, however this seems to be my style :p
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2012, 05:07 PM)YinYin Wrote:  i am talking about the votes

I'm not quite sure as to what would be the benefit of this, really. I think, it rather sparks the "oh, this sprite looks hilariously crappy, I'm totally voting for this because nobody can see that it's me who voted there"-mindset. In fact, a few other polls have proved this to be true. That's why I'm not particularly fond of it.

Regarding the self-vote; well, the public-voting does kind of prevent this from happening too frequently, but then again, when the sprites' creators are revealed, the poll will have been closed already.

Either way, unless there is anything strikingly obvious that I forgot to consider, the public poll would be my choice.

Thanks given by:
(06-01-2012, 06:37 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Regarding the self-vote; well, the public-voting does kind of prevent this from happening too frequently, but then again, when the sprites' creators are revealed, the poll will have been closed already.
oh oh... i see. This could mean, the sprites can be distinguished by votes too. If let's say the sprite is in a pretty low quality and not many or hardly any votes are to be casted for it, you can safely say that one of the voters might be the creator. This makes guessing much easier, also boring.

I did forget about the fact that the names are not visible on poll for a moment, that's why this possibility slipped my mind.
So this could also considered as plus-point for anonymous voting.

Thanks given by: