Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BG] Wonderland
(04-18-2012, 06:45 PM)Reaper Wrote:  Yeah, my issue with it is that I'd like to stay as true to the idea of "little" fighters as possible. The rabbit kind of works because he could have been shrunken as well, but the tea-party doesn't.

You know, the thing about places like Wonderland is... Things there can be of arbitrary size.

But I see what you're saying, yeah. Alright. Then why not have giant teacups falling out of the sky?!

EDIT: Like this.
[Image: mailgooglecom.png]
Henry David Thoreau Wrote:
Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine.
Thanks given by: Reaper
Could you improve the grass? Only this thing doesn't look so good, maybe add some shadow between ground and grass, or obscure lower part of grass (or maybe it's moss)

Thanks given by: lf2TimmE1 , Marko pro , Reaper
^ that or remove it, it bothers me in any case, so do something about it ;D
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: Reaper
(04-21-2012, 04:33 PM)Jed37 Wrote:  You know, the thing about places like Wonderland is... Things there can be of arbitrary size.
Yeah, my concern is not so much about whether there is an explanation for it, but whether it conveys the image I'm going for.

Quote:But I see what you're saying, yeah. Alright. Then why not have giant teacups falling out of the sky?!
That actually sounds like a neat idea. I'll see what I can do.

(04-21-2012, 09:46 PM)The Hari Wrote:  Could you improve the grass? Only this thing doesn't look so good, maybe add some shadow between ground and grass, or obscure lower part of grass (or maybe it's moss)
It's indeed supposed to be moss and I'm not too fond of it myself. I find it rather hard to get it right, though. I'm trying to rework it altogether.

(04-22-2012, 11:21 AM)The Lost Global Mod Wrote:  ^ that or remove it, it bothers me in any case, so do something about it ;D
I'll try me very best to improve it. If you want the plain ground though, there should be a ground_backup in the folder which you can use to replace the moss ground.

What about something like this?
-updated, see first post-
Thanks given by:
Now is better, but colour should be darker, same or similar as grass.

Thanks given by: The Lost Global Mod , Marko pro , Reaper
Updated attachment. The bg now features teacup bombardement. Is the moss still too light?
Edit: Wait a second, forgot to fix one mistake.
Alright, done. :P
Thanks given by: prince_freeza
is the teacup easily breakable, let's say half an davis dragon punch to kill it?

moss is fine now imo.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
(04-22-2012, 09:02 PM)The Lost Global Mod Wrote:  is the teacup easily breakable, let's say half an davis dragon punch to kill it?
That would be amazing...

The truth... is inescapable. The truth will always come out eventually, no matter what. And once the chains that bind the truth are severed... nothing can stop the truth from coming to light.
Thanks given by:
It breaks as soon as it touches the ground. It won't break in the air that easily, though. It's supposed to hurt. And I don't really want to mess with broken_weapon. It's kind of annoying for people who try out your creations when you have to edit original files. Plus I don't even know how to do that :P
Edit: Thanks for moving the thread, Simoneon.
Thanks given by: