Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopefully interesting challenge :P
http://www.truploader.com/view/623425

Open the link and you will be brought to the logic challenge. This is the same as what I have posted before as a written challenge, but this looks much better because it's animated and you won't have to look at tons of things immediately, but see them one by one.

If you can find the answer without opening the hint then you're awesome!
If you use some hints, please tell me how many hints you needed :D (there are #1 to #5, try to find the answer using fewest hints, but I will guess most people will need to get at least to #4 before finding the answer)

Don't write the answer though, we don't want to spoil it to others.
If you already read the answer earlier, you can still share this to friends :D .
TEMPE
Thanks given by: Reaper
Nice challenge there. I did figure out a method that works without using any hints, though I'm not sure how to put it into three words properly. Alright, got one.

Edit: There's apparently a bunch of possible solutions, all of which will yield different results if you use digits other than 3,6 and 9. I've got three "normal" ones and about 5 which are either crazy or just rather close to one of the normals. I guess you can find a lot more of crazy(and perhaps also normal) ones though. :P

Thanks given by:
^
Yeah, I forgot to mention that reactions only works for 0, 3, 6 and 9 starting circles in each boxes, and actually having some empty boxes in the middle isn't a problem :P . Wow, I don't think I will be able to solve it without seeing the hints if I were not the creator xD .

!! (open only if you have finished the challenge because it spoils the answer ^^ )
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2012, 08:14 AM)Kevin Wrote:  !! (open only if you have finished the challenge because it spoils the answer ^^ )

Heh, [ spoiler]s aren't actually spoilers anymore. (The following one is though.)

How long did it take you to make the flash thing btw? It's pretty professional.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I didn't know that :D . I understand modulus in programming :P (which results in the remainder of the division). I know the congruent sign, but I don't really know why you don't use the equal sign instead, and what those -1 means, so in the end I don't understand what you were explaining, even after you writing all those examples xP . But I do notice these special numbers that do similar things when multiplied with any 0-3-6-9 numbers :P , and the relation with mod 10 seems very logical.

At first glance I thought the -1 is the power, but doesn't seem appropriate there :P . Next I think about multiplying with the number -1, but that's not the usual way to write and when I reach 1x9[sup]-1[/sup ≡ 1 mod 10, it doesn't seem to be multiplication by -1 anymore XP .

My school doesn't teach modulus xD or modulo O_o I'm not familiar with modulo, but it seems they are close or the same.
TEMPE
Thanks given by: