Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Game Programmers Contest.
Hmm I realized that other people found this game hard as well O_o . I think it just need some practice though. Probably some easier challenges to beat will pull people to practice on my game, lol. Hopefully. Coz it's very fun when you get fast at it because then you will have to think in what way you are going to press the required buttons :P

About the screen size, how could I not realize it is so small?? lol.
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
Oh well, I think I will give a demo for my game.
Ladies and gentle men...
I Present!:
A-MayhEM!!!!!:
DEMO DOWNLOAD!
Screen shot (Click to View)
The goal is to arrive with this car to the goal (some people insists that its a space ship, but its a car). There are 6 stages for now.
Controls: left arrow and right arrow to move. Space to shoot laser! U can hold space for a charged shot!.
This is not my final entry as well.
Suggestions please...
Regards,
A-MAN
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
good demo man
haahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha..........

Need more ppl who can sprite backgrounds and weapons
Our TLOK Mod Site: http://legendofkorralf2.shivtr.com/
Thanks given by: A-Man
again, I hate hotfile for having us to wait for 15 seconds before being able to download the file :( .
btw the game froze when I died on stage 4, hopefully it can be fixed?

and mine isn't progressing so much due to laziness :P . OK I continue it now. I don't want to lose :) .
You know, it's visual basic, so it should progress fast when I am really working optimally. However there are many distractors, e.g. cultris players conference calling on skype while they play --> OMG WANNA JOIN --> quit project, play game
TEMPE
hey, im joining
but i might not make the game on time or it will turn out incomplete because im a n00b at this stuff Wut
[Image: Blaze340.gif]
Thanks given by: A-Man , Kevin
(07-20-2012, 03:41 PM)Kevin Wrote:  again, I hate hotfile for having us to wait for 15 seconds before being able to download the file :( .
btw the game froze when I died on stage 4, hopefully it can be fixed?

and mine isn't progressing so much due to laziness :P . OK I continue it now. I don't want to lose :) .
You know, it's visual basic, so it should progress fast when I am really working optimally. However there are many distractors, e.g. cultris players conference calling on skype while they play --> OMG WANNA JOIN --> quit project, play game
Oh, this some time happens. I will fix it though. Anyway, I forgot to tell u that F1 pauses and F2 adds 10 life points( I will remove that cheat in the other version :p).
And I saw some of ur records in cultris and I should admit that you are incredible. Really, how can u reach 190 in the speed meter? All what I could c in that record (the 50 lines one) is the heavy rain of ur pieces falling down!!!!

Qwertz Wrote:hey, im joining
but i might not make the game on time or it will turn out incomplete because im a n00b at this stuff
No worries dude, it doesn't need to be complete. People will vote on what is there at that moment. Just start working!
(added u in the participants list; only three till now :()

Thanks given by: qwertz143
Sure! :D
Glad you joined even though you may not be so confident. I mean, that's the spirit :D !

btw I found something really odd with this D:: . I tried to save profiles in txt file. They work fine, but IF I ever open it with Notepad (without even saving), visual basic will not be able to read the file anymore (error: Input past end of file). I have made sure the Notepad was already closed when I started the program, but still doesn't work D: , so annoying when I just want to test things :(( . This notepad bug is definitely strange because I only open, not save ;D , but it actually changes the file in a way that my program can't read it anymore.

That Cultris is a bit off, but probably I'm inspired by the extreme pace of Cultris when making my game, I actually want the game to be played super fast ;D . That's why now I make the 'Matiaja Mode' (or no color mode) the standard mode, to make is a faster game :D . But yeah, cultris skills is just mysterious. It seems impossible but somehow everyone will be able to do that if they play for a few months. Hopefully, with the gradually increasing difficulty in challenge mode, players will unconsciously practice on SpeedBox that they can play it awesomely as well in the end :D .

EDIT:
I think I need quite much time because the challenge mode in my game need to be tested and adjusted a lot :P .
TEMPE
Thanks given by: A-Man , qwertz143
Well guys, yesterday was suppose to be the last day for joining. However, i won't close the doors for participation. U can join at any time till the deadline for the whole contest (the voting day). So now, about the deadline for entries. What do u think members, should it be:
1. 20 days from now
2. 25 days from now
3. 30 days from now
4. less than 20 days
5. more than 30 days

Thanks given by:
I think 30 days from now, should be sufficient?
[Image: Blaze340.gif]
My brother doesn't want to join because he's working on a game already :( .
But I agree with 30 days from now. I have other things to do, and I have laziness to fight with :P so I need some time.
TEMPE
Thanks given by: qwertz143 , A-Man