Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Game Programmers Contest.
Greetz,
This contest is gonna be about making a game from a scratch using any programming language (From C++ to game maker). However, modding is not acceptable as I said 'from a scratch'.
Rules:
1.Use your own (team) sprites, however, using effects from other people's sprites is allowed (Do not let another spriter do it for you). And remember: no super spriting required(as I am the worst spriter you will find in lfe).
2.The game must be yours and not anybodies else.
3.LF engine, Mugen......etc can not be used (no modding).
4.Teaming up is allowed(if U want to)
5.Any of your own pre-done games can be accepted if you never showed it in public yet.

So any participants?
participants:
1.A-Dude
2.Mr.Kevin
3.Qwertz Guy
4.Funky-boori
5.Principle Focus
6.TigerGautama

The deadline will be decided later is:
21st August

[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Gespenst
Hello, this'll probably fail again because no one can program and we don't even get a medal for winning... I LIKE MEDALS YO! But if people actually join and there are submissions I shall rush a submission on the day of the deadline.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: A-Man , qwertz143
I have few questions.
1st.what size our games suppose to be?(this kind a strange question)
2nd. Is those games can be with longer story, like some good strateg~~ games?
3rd. How much time you will give us for game making?
4th.we can use our already made sprites?
5th. Genre is not matter?

Idk, i might join, idk.
Useful
Thanks given by: A-Man
1st.what size our games suppose to be?(this kind a strange question)
Ans: Any size.
2nd. Is those games can be with longer story, like some good strateg~~ games?
Ans: If you think U can do it, do it!
3rd. How much time you will give us for game making?
Ans: About 3 weeks. or a month If no much contestants finish within the 3 weeks.(as I have already started my making game)
4th.we can use our already made sprites?
Ans: 'our' Yes but 'other's' no.
5th. Genre is not matter?
Ans: Yeah it doesn't matter.

(03-07-2012, 08:34 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  Hello, this'll probably fail again because no one can program and we don't even get a medal for winning... I LIKE MEDALS YO! But if people actually join and there are submissions I shall rush a submission on the day of the deadline.
YOU HEAR THAT PEOPLE!!!. KICK THAT LAZINESS OUT OF YOUR HEAD AND COME AND SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF!!!
now, any contestant??

Thanks given by:
:P You do know that making a game involves a lot of effort, and even if people weren't lazy, they'd probably not be able to pull it off in a month (except people like Silva minus the laziness).

And if they don't even win anything, then I doubt anybody really has the motivation to win (and thus even to participate), furthermore creating a game costs a lot of time and most of the people don't really have a lot of time.

Bamboori's made a few game contests in the past, but it never worked out, however small the requirements even were.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: A-Man , Bamboori
Hmph... well, It doesn't have to be a big game. A ping pong(with some items for example) maybe enough to win. I mean, I even used paint for my sprites, in fact the circle, rectangle and the straight line tools only. Actually I have started making my game already and its really fun to play. I think I still need 2 weeks to finish it.

@Mods: is there any medal U can offer for the winner of this contest or even an award?(pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase)>_<
please answer with yes or no. I don't want a reason.

Thanks given by:
Forget about the question.
So, for the last time, any contestants??????
check out rule (4)
Regards,
A-MAN

Thanks given by:
Epic Fail ~

Thanks given by:
For the last time?? I have just even opened the thread
I am participating :B . I am noob and I only know visual basic (which kinda sucks for games, probably? obviously the graphics are slow ._. ).

I remembered my first game, haha. P1 controls: V & B. P2 controls: 1 & 2. Each player starts with 500 HP (that's a lot! endurance needed in this game). Everytime you press a button you damage the opponent by 1.

EDIT:
Oh wait, I forgot I have learnt a bit of flash :D . Hmm... what should I make.
TEMPE
Thanks given by: A-Man
Hohoh, cool!. Any more participants? I mean its summer vacation!!! U gotta have some free time for something like that. At least some free time.

Thanks given by: