Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cursed itr [Signed 32-bit 2^32-1]
this is, what i will call a cursed itr
you have it implemented correctly when it hits a character twice (opponent/teammate/yourself whoever you want to curse)
    DC-Code:
wait: 1
itr:
kind: 0 vrest: 4 fall: 70 bdefend: 100 injury: -2147483648
itr_end:

the effect is, that it first kills and then revives you back to the exact amount of hp you had (injury: 2147483648 will work as well)
you can do this with two separate itrs in different frames too but i thought this is the safest way

now after being hit twice with this injury there are either of these two things changed about the hit character:
either empty, unlimited mp and no hp regain
[better than F6 but no dark red hp]
or empty mp and unlimited hp regain
[regaining hp over the limit of 500]
i think i have also seen these two combined when using it multiple times
or in fact nullified again - it's all a bit random

help me test this to find out whether these effects are really random or have some kind of dependencies to get the one you want (a boss with truly unlimited mp or constant hp regain without some lousy hack anyone?)
Tested it on davis (added it to his punch and added body to lying frames)
I can see only 1 effect going on - unlimited hp regeneration, but no unlimited mana (it regenerates very slow cause of high amount of hp)
It is not probably random, if I get only one effect. Something must be causing it.
And we lose this effect, if any other itr will affect on the chara after 'respawning'.

EDIT:
Looks like I found something more.
If chara is being killed with other itr than that it will respawn with full mana and without any hp (or infinity?!) and we're not able to kill it, but it has normal mana regen.
Thanks given by: YinYin
you added a bdy in the lying frames? then you must be doing it with two separate attacks? thats ok too

i have both hits done by one itr in one frame (thats why the vrest and wait are important there)
so the character has no chance to actually drop dead

i suppose the empty invincible hp is just a very high amount of hp as you can often see if you just gradually increase your hp over 500 (first it just goes over the border, then the light red disappears, then the dark red disappears -> empty)
i'm more interested in the weird hp regain and infinite mp as they look more interesting and were impossible with dc before

edit: i suspect the time when the character is dead and his previous amount of mp/hp play a role in what we get afterwards - because all regain is turned inside out when a character is dead, and apparently switched back on wrongly when he gets revived once around the clock (i.e. not with the opposite injury but with the same again)
Thanks given by:
Yah, I splitted this into two parts, because it was hardly ever happening with one punch.

I'm not so sure about this empty bar of hp.
I was trying to kill a chara with really high values of injury multiple times. Looks like it's unkillable.
And shouldn't mp be regenerating reaaaallly slow (almost unnoticeable) with about 100000 of hp? It regains at the same speed as for chara with 500 hp.

+ I don't know what would you use this mp regen for. Isn't it just easier if you make chara transform into other which doesn't use MP at all? That's less buggy I guess.

BTW: how did u figure this out? how did u know what value of injury will cause something?
Thanks given by:
(02-23-2012, 06:56 PM)Gad Wrote:  I'm not so sure about this empty bar of hp.
I was trying to kill a chara with really high values of injury multiple times. Looks like it's unkillable.
And shouldn't mp be regenerating reaaaallly slow (almost unnoticeable) with about 100000 of hp? It regains at the same speed as for chara with 500 hp.
you have to assume that your character with empty hp has close to 2147483648 hp - how long will it take you to get him below 1000 with normal attacks (or 'really' high injury)? above that it will still display empty
you can try yourself with different negative injury values (that are actually close to 2147483648)
and mp only regenerates faster below a certain hp amount, above that its always the same (maybe thats the reason for ultra high/unlimited mp)

(02-23-2012, 06:56 PM)Gad Wrote:  + I don't know what would you use this mp regen for. Isn't it just easier if you make chara transform into other which doesn't use MP at all? That's less buggy I guess.
well its character unspecific - i can do this to any character coming at me - i dont have to create any transformations that dont use mp
also negative mp values for 'hit_back' and also the use of hp for moves still work
so this is like F6 for only one affected character without its many drawbacks (and no need to edit the character itself)

(02-23-2012, 06:56 PM)Gad Wrote:  BTW: how did u figure this out? how did u know what value of injury will cause something?

you can imagine most number formats on your computer to be a circle (consisting of 0s and 1s)
one of these 0-1 combinations is the decimal 0 itself
going to the right on the circle are the positive numbers
left the negative ones
the point is they meet at the bottom - and if you add or subtract too much you suddenly cross that line and go from negative to positive and vice versa

and the number btw is (2^32)/2
Thanks given by: Gad
(02-23-2012, 07:08 PM)YinYin Wrote:  you have to assume that your character with empty hp has close to 2147483648 hp - how long will it take you to get him below 1000 with normal attacks (or 'really' high injury)? above that it will still display empty
you can try yourself with different negative injury values (that are actually close to 2147483648)
K, that will sound ridiculous, but I forgot to save the changes in dat file before testing. That's why the chara didn't get killed.
<facepalm>
(02-23-2012, 07:08 PM)YinYin Wrote:  and mp only regenerates faster below a certain hp amount, above that its always the same (maybe thats the reason for ultra high/unlimited mp)
Ok. That makes it clear.

(02-23-2012, 07:08 PM)YinYin Wrote:  well its character unspecific - i can do this to any character coming at me - i dont have to create any transformations that dont use mp
also negative mp values for 'hit_back' and also the use of hp for moves still work
so this is like F6 for only one affected character without its many drawbacks (and no need to edit the character itself)
K. Sounds reasonable.

(02-23-2012, 07:08 PM)YinYin Wrote:  and the number btw is (2^32)/2
Isn't that just 2^31 lawl xD
K, that's the limit of integer or smthn like this? ;p

I've noticed that the effect is really random. Haven't notice it before, that my mp was unlimited (maybe it didn't happen), but now I can see it sometimes.
+ Few times my chara respawned with MP over 500.
Thanks given by:
This is pretty cool. How'd you find this out?
I got an idea for what I want to use this for. Seems a bit risky because the effects differ :/
[Image: variaboss.png]
SUPER B*NER: :3
Thanks given by:
At least we found something in LF that is actually random. That might help too.
Thanks given by:
-2147483648 = -231
This means that HP are stored as a signed 32-bit integer. Which kind of makes sense. Which, then, can be figured out fairly fast-ish. But then again, it's YinYin :p

Also, we talked a bit about the other "random" number, -842150451. This one can be found in cpoint; throwvx/y/z and throwinjury. Interestingly, its hex-value in two's complement is "CDCDCDCD". That value, however, can't be found inside the exe. It's as if Marti's playing a joke on us xD
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
i found a way to split the features

(02-23-2012, 05:13 PM)YinYin Wrote:  empty mp and unlimited hp regain
[regaining hp over the limit of 500]
i can get this one by doing the two hits with two objects at the same time
(opoint the same thing with facing: 20)
with this i only get rid of the dark red hp and make the character gain unlimited hp
also prevents the character from falling
(this however still randomly works or does not work - if repeated it can also turn the feature off again)

(02-23-2012, 05:13 PM)YinYin Wrote:  empty, unlimited mp and no hp regain
[better than F6 but no dark red hp]
this one is in fact really just insane high mp (close to the limit)
i can achieve this with mp tags only now, no itr required
but it is only 'unlimited' mp - the hp bar remains unchanged
(so the curse kind of feature is missing now: not having any dark red hp and regain)

i have also managed to use this for an mp charge with adjustable speed and a flashing mp bar (flash frequency adjustable as well)
only problem is the going above 500 part - right now i don't know any alternative to the bottle

also a funny thing i noticed - when on is in the no dark red hp and no hp regain mode ... milk is deadly - if a character without dark red hp and regain drinks milk his hp empties out at once, he keeps drinking on a little (not able to stop, until the bottle is empty i believe) and then dies for good
Thanks given by: