Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ball direction (up/down) (dvz)
Ok.
The problem is:
I wanna make my character opoint a ball that may be going down, up, or normally depends on what player presses. Simple - like davis makes his balls, he can decide where do they go.

I dunno how to make it work. My character creates a ball, but I can't control it in dvz moving.
opoint frame (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
i have the similar problem.. btw the dvz value in ball frames are too high.. try using 5 or so?
Thanks given by:
Can't u figure it out by checking the balls from original LF2?

But as i remember you could only apply the z-direction control by starting the ball frame from frame 0.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You have to add a certain number in the hit_j: tags of the ball. 1-49 will make it go up and 51 to 99 (if I remember correctly) will make it go down. 0 and 50 will have no effect. I hope I could help. :)
Sry for bad English^^
Click pls
Thanks given by:
(02-22-2012, 02:25 PM)TheFreeze Wrote:  You have to add a certain number in the hit_j: tags of the ball. 1-49 will make it go up and 51 to 99 (if I remember correctly) will make it go down. 0 and 50 will have no effect. I hope I could help. :)
He didn't mean that. He meant if U pressed up when conducting the ball, the ball will move up(to the left of the player), and if U pressed down when conducting the ball, the ball will move down(to the right of the player).

(02-22-2012, 02:25 PM)xmfcx Wrote:  Can't u figure it out by checking the balls from original LF2?

But as i remember you could only apply the z-direction control by starting the ball frame from frame 0.
No, I am very sure that it can be used in any frame. Every thing in his frames is right. I really wonder what the problem is.
@Gad, try using a different EXE, or maybe changing the ball id.
Plus, whats the ball type????

[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
IIRC state 3005 balls can't be moved in that fashion.
You can always add a chase effect to it? I think? IDK
Thanks given by:
If its because of state; start the ball with state 3006 then let it continue with 3005.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-23-2012, 04:00 AM)xmfcx Wrote:  If its because of state; start the ball with state 3006 then let it continue with 3005.

Changed state to 3000 and tried 3006 too. Doesn't work

(02-22-2012, 02:25 PM)TheFreeze Wrote:  You have to add a certain number in the hit_j: tags of the ball. 1-49 will make it go up and 51 to 99 (if I remember correctly) will make it go down. 0 and 50 will have no effect. I hope I could help. :)

Learn to read, please.

(02-22-2012, 01:47 PM)xmfcx Wrote:  Can't u figure it out by checking the balls from original LF2?
Maybe you will do that and tell me what do I do wrong then, cause I can't see any difference.

(02-22-2012, 01:47 PM)xmfcx Wrote:  But as i remember you could only apply the z-direction control by starting the ball frame from frame 0.
Tried that and it doesn't help.

How it looks now (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
I have had same problem but don't remember how i fixed it xp maybe it was like this:
Opoint frame:
<frame> 284 BALL
pic: 94 state: 3 wait: 1 next: 285 dvx: 3 dvy: 0 dvz: 1 centerx: 44 centery: 78 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
dvz: 0->1
Not sure, but i would try that. Also i'm not sure is that dvz 15 too much? Maybe you should try smthing like dvz 2 and check does that work.
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
^ I think that will enable the character to move on the z-axis in the frame when he creates the ball.

I've had a little conversation about this with BP before (I was wondering myself), and we (or he) came to the conclusion that it is id-specific if you can control a created-ball's z movement or not. What you could try simply for testing purposes is to create the ball from an existing id that is able to be z-controlled, just from another frame. Perhaps it'd even be possible to let it "transform" into it's correct ball then?
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: