Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Hidden Slash
Basically, my character walks past an opponent then stops later sheathing his sword and the enemy suffers the damage. I don't want an itrkind3 used were the opponent gets held up, I want the enemy to be able to move around until the character actually sheaths his sword then he receives damage.

I've got some ideas, but I don't want to test them out because my lap top seems to be going extremely slow this week - really should get it checked out lol.

Any ideas? Also here's the video showing the actually attack if it was unclear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ5YxpfLD...re=related
[Image: variaboss.png]
SUPER B*NER: :3
Thanks given by:
my idea would be itr kind 8 to stick to the opponent. but then the effect could eventually be passed to other characters, friend or foe. not sure if that is an issue for you though
Thanks given by:
Coding Brook? Don't use an itr8, especially if you want the opponent to move around. He'll just run back to you, passing the itr8 over to you, or even just jump to avoid getting hit.

I coded a Brook for my game, honestly itr3 is the most consistent way. Gameplay wise and especially against AI, stopping for a few moments while your opponent moves around until you resheath your sword, only results you in getting hit while you stay still. Removing your body so you don't get hit only looks ugly as well.

Another method would just to fire out an invisible ball behind you when you resheath your sword to cut your opponent. Obviously it won't hit as often but its more consistent than an itr8 method.
Thanks given by:
I'll try testing it out, I think I'll go with the itrkind2 thing I don't like the idea with the itrkind8 being shot backwards.
Also I'm doing Brook :b the Pre-skip version anyway, I think he looks much better than TS.
[Image: variaboss.png]
SUPER B*NER: :3
Thanks given by: