Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Sticked Shield
This problem has probably been touched few times, but I don't really know what to write to search for it.

Ok. Here's the problem: How do I do shield that follows its caster? I saw example in tutorial LFE section, but I don't get anything from that. I'm just starting my adventure with DC and yah.

I know how to spawn an object. What do I do next with it? Thought about state 401, but won't it stick shield to random player in my team?
Thanks given by:
farthest player in your team

go with itr kind 8 instead
maybe look at the character targaros and his shield move
the idea is basically abusing the fact that johns healing orb sticks exactly to the position of the healed character (the star animation that is)
you can use the to stick an object to a char on ground level
Thanks given by:
Ok, So I just create another body for each frame of my chara and itr automaticly 'matches' itself to the body every frame.

I think I understand, but I would love to know what is so special in kind 8 and how does it work.

+If anyone was so kind to gimme a link to exact description of states, hit_Fa, hit_d and itrs. There were some, but nowadays links seems broken.
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 06:23 PM)Gad Wrote:  what is so special in kind 8 and how does it work.
When an itr/k8 of an object overlaps with the bdy of a character (only type 0 works in this matter, btw), it'll make the object's x- and z-coordinate the same as the character. In other words, it'll align itself depending on the character's position.

dvx makes things awesome because you can specify which frame this itr/k8-object should go to if it overlaps with a character.

(02-12-2012, 06:23 PM)Gad Wrote:  +If anyone was so kind to gimme a link to exact description of states, hit_Fa, hit_d and itrs. There were some, but nowadays links seems broken.
hit_Fa: http://www.lf-empire.de/en/lf2-empire/da...pe-3-hitfa
itr: http://www.lf-empire.de/en/lf2-empire/da...nteraction

Refs for frame elements: http://www.lf-empire.de/en/lf2-empire/da...e-elements
Refs for other values: http://www.lf-empire.de/en/lf2-empire/da...ence-pages
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Gad
probably it couldn't find his body and gone to frame: 313.
So try to match the body which i wants to stick.

For First try; make y: -100 h: 200 and see if it sticks;)
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by: Gad
@EDIT
WHATEVER I WROTE IN THIS POST IS UNACTUAL

K, i will try this matching.

I can't catch my chara with that :/.
Chara Code (Click to View)
Few not working frames :/ (Click to View)
Why won't it work :(.

Looks like itr is touching the body. Tried with itr y:-100 h: 300 and still didnt work.

HEEELP i'm stuck with character :(
Thanks given by:
edited Chara Code (Click to View)
Few not working frames :/ (Click to View)
Use them. You should know that itr areas are connected with centerx-y's. Them body-itr.. areas start from centers.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 10:14 PM)xmfcx Wrote:  areas start from centers.
no
every location starts from the top left of the sprite (points and areas)
even the center point itself
Thanks given by:
then what are center points for then?
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 10:27 PM)xmfcx Wrote:  then what are center points for then?
Shadow-alignment for centerx and height-adjustment for centery.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: