or make a game using java
or the old shockwave
anyone?

@V: anyone know any good game engine
My new Char!!! (Click to View)
:wtf:

~Sym
Thanks given by:
I think google can teach you better than anyone else.
just google 'create game macromedia flash'.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: symaroth1
If you are just into making a simple game, i guess your choice would be game maker (free or full version, free does enough stuff to test if it suits you).
If you want to learn real programming, i suggest going with java (there could be better choices, but afak java is a good start).
Thanks given by: symaroth1
thanks guys
@aman i wil search after i finishn post
@bamboori: sorta dont know how to use java look at thread C++ and u can see why

~Sym
Thanks given by:
For making a flash game, you will either need Flash itself (which is rather expensive. Easily over 100€) or >FlashDevelop<, which is free. It's not as fancy as flash, but many flash programmers favor it for it's simplicity.
A popular framework for flash (which is sort of like an engine) would be >Flixel<.
For a simple game you can either use gamemaker as bamboori pointed out, or >Stencyl<, with which you can create flash games, but without much of the programming part. However, I don't know whether you learn much from using those programms that help you for more "advanced" games.
If you want to create a game with Java, C++ or the like, >this page< provides a lot of information.
For 3D games you could use an engine such as >Unity3D<, but I always felt like creating 3D games takes a lot more time than 2D ones. Not to talk about 3D modelling and stuff.
Thanks given by:
As stated above Adobe Flash is rather expensive, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you already have it. ($699)
There are alternatives to it though, which other posters already have pointed out.

My recommendation for starters is Game Maker, since it is rather easy to learn and use.
Now Java isn't as good as C++ when it comes to developing games, since speed is something you need, and because of some of the design decisions in Java that is something it kinda lacks. (not to say that you can't make games with Java)
C++ can be hard to learn though.

Now you could also give HTML5 a go. It runs within the browser on pretty much every platform.

A good resource for learning this stuff would be http://thenewboston.org/tutorials.php.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
what about the old shockwave i play alot of old games that i used to like when i was little
so yeah like the old 3d lego game seems alright with its preportioning
and the odd lego game junkbot with its simple tasks
they both use shockwave
is shockwave free?

~Sym
Thanks given by:
WIKIPEDIA-ATTACK!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Shock...escription Wrote:Shockwave movies are authored in the Adobe Director environment.

AMAZON-ATTACK!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-65036589-Director-11-5/dp/B001QH559M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328955850&sr=8-1 Wrote:

So much about that. Why am I actually googling that stuff for others?
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2012, 10:27 AM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  So much about that. Why am I actually googling that stuff for others?
Because you are a nice person/phoenix, who helps others, who haven't yet learned the wonders of Google, with solving their problems.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
Why don't you learn python. It's very good for games. I can help you if you decided.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: