Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
freeze ball
Sorry for my bad english, i hope you will understand me.

Porblem: When freeze ball meet energy ball(davis's for example) it doubles. How can i do this with others. I mean other balls if new characteres. It depends from id i think.
If problem have already solved please give me a link.

Please help :D
Thanks given by:
Hi noise. http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=708
xxtomnyxx wrote where you can find the freeze ball stuff. Hopefully you should be able to understand how to copy it to more ID's (its the same as copying AI to more ID's or Armor, or any other thing basically ).
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
theoretically, there is also a DC-method, using itr (k: 8) + bdy's. This would involve to edit any ball that you want to change. I could elaborate this a bit more, but first I'd like to know if it's really what you're looking for or if you're happy with the hex solution...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I have read it and Silva's AI Coping(GOOD WORK Shock) and realise how to change ID's in freezing stuff but still don't know how to copy. Maybe DC method will help.

Give me some example or tutorial plz.
Thanks given by:
noise Wrote:Give me some example or tutorial plz.
All right, you take a certain itr in the Energy Ball that you want to multiply, let's say:
Code:
itr:
kind: 8  x: 40  y: 1000 w: 40  h: 100  dvx: 100 #just any empty frame works here
itr_end:

All the other balls have a certain bdy:
Code:
bdy:
kind: 0  x: 40  y: 1000  w: 40  h: 100
bdy_end:

If the bdy from the ball hits the itr-area, our to-be-multiplied energy ball will go to frame 100. There ( 101) you create some opoints shooting into the same direction like your energy ball is flying (I always forget if you have to use facing: x0 or x1 (x just represents a random integer, giving you the number of multiplications)). It's better to leave opoint the balls with a different action than the regular flying, so that you avoid any complications with the "evil" ball. Opoint the energy ball at something like 110, copy the first flying frames, remove the bodys, adjust all next values, except the last one, which should be next: 999.

btw, after opointing the stuff, loop the ball back to frame 0, so that it collides with the other ball. Hope that helps ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(07-30-2008, 09:30 AM)Blue-Phoenix Wrote:  All right, you take a certain itr in the Energy Ball that you want to multiply, let's say:
Code:
itr:
kind: 8  x: 40  y: 1000 w: 40  h: 100  dvx: 100 #just any empty frame works here
itr_end:

All the other balls have a certain bdy:
Code:
bdy:
bdy_end:

If the bdy from the ball hits the itr-area, our to-be-multiplied energy ball will go to frame 100. There (<f> 101) you create some opoints shooting into the same direction like your energy ball is flying (I always forget if you have to use facing: x0 or x1 (x just represents a random integer, giving you the number of multiplications)). It's better to leave opoint the balls with a different action than the regular flying, so that you avoid any complications with the "evil" ball. Opoint the energy ball at something like <f> 110, copy the first flying frames, remove the bodys, adjust all next values, except the last one, which should be next: 999.

btw, after opointing the stuff, loop the ball back to frame 0, so that it collides with the other ball. Hope that helps ;)

wait a minute, is`t kind 8 won`t work on other types except type 0???
Thanks given by:
Yes, correct. You'll have to give bandits a special bdy
Code:
bdy:
bdy_end:
Give all the 'evil' ball(s) an opoint in all flying frames, which summons the bandit at that special bdy frame.
(Say frame number 398)
Code:
opoint:
    kind: 1  x: 0  y: 0  action: 0 oid: 30 facing: 0
opoint_end:
Now, in the flying frames of the ball you want add
Code:
itr:
itr_end:
At the empty frame,
give it a next: nextempty frame.
At the next empty frame, you create an opoint, which summons the ball twice then deletes the original.
Code:
<frame> 101
pic: 999 wait: 0 next: 1000 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 hit_a: 0 hit_j: 0 hit_d: 0
opoint:
    kind: 1  x: 0  y: 0  action: 398 oid: <ID of ball> facing: 20
opoint_end:
<frame_end>

And voila, that should do it.
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by: