Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Interesting thing.
I try to delete the code between 00416DC0 and 0041739C.
Then run the exe......
Still work ! And I didn't find any BUG when playing.
It's means that we have more space could write our new code on.Twisted

But I'm not really sure if those code are unnecessary.

I hope someone could help me to test it If he has free time.
Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Did you try to save the exe file and then run it? data\data.txt is referenced there, so it is kind of weird it still works.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
Yeah, I had saved and ran it.
I tried to delete it because I noticed that the code contain many files which even not exist.
I think before data.txt been created, exe use this code to load files.
Thanks given by:
lots of files were included in the exe in early versions (sounds/graphics - perhaps also data)
i wouldn be surprised if they just left the calling sequence in there in case they put things back into it

and there has to be another data\data.txt reference if this runs without it - cause ive effectivley changed that once (unless the exe automatically reverts to using deep_chop.dat in case this location cannot be found - i doubt it tho)
Thanks given by: